chapter 16

"I thought you said I was weird for liking mint chocolate." Y/N smugly said, gesturing her own half eaten ice cream cone at Chats. He shoved what was left of the cone in his mouth and crossed his arms over his chest.

Y/N glanced down at his arms, his muscles bulged against his tight suit.

"Fine. You win. It was pretty good..."

Y/N grinned and then looked down at the melting cone in her hand, "yeah.. can't say the same for this." She winced distastefully.

"You're lying."

"If I was lying I would have finished it." Y/N playfully rolled her eyes.

Some of the ice cream began dripping down onto Y/N's fingers, and she cursed under her breath. Her eyes began scanning the area, looking for a garbage.

"I think there's a garbage over there." Chat noir pointed behind them. There were a few shops where he pointed and right in between them was a black garbage can.

"Perfect. Excuse me, I have to go throw away this abomination." She turned to Chat and scrunched up her nose jokingly. She looked both ways before crossing the street.

She turned around to look back at Chat noir for a few seconds and raised the cone in the air, "but thank you for paying!"

Chat noir chuckled and watched her throw away the cone. He made sure to watch her carefully as she crossed the street.

Y/N stood in front of Chat with a smile on her face, "there's something I want to show you."

༶•༶•༶

The sky was now blending into a beautiful pink and orange, the sun was beginning to set and it had cooled down significantly.

Y/N and Chat were walking side by side. Occasionally their hands would brush against each other's, and they would both glance at one another momentarily.

"Where are we going?" Chat broke the comfortable silence. Y/N sadly smiled as they approached a quaint little convenience store.

"My um-" Y/N started, but stopped to fidget with her fingers. She looked up at Chat noir, "My dad used to bring me here when I was a kid."

She let out a shaky breath and forced a smile, "they have banana milk here and it's the best."

"Y/N-" Chat began, but was cut off by her, "have you ever had banana milk?"

Chat shook his head, a few strands of his blonde hair fell in front of his eyes. "You've never had banana milk?" Y/N gasped.

Chat noir laughed and lifted one of his gloved hands up to his face. He pushed back the strands in front of his face. When he did so,
Y/N caught a glimpse of his black ring. It had green dots in the centre of it, forming a paw print. The ring shape looked oddly familiar, but Y/N couldn't place her finger on where she had seen it.

"You make it sound like I've committed a crime."

Y/N tried to stifle a laugh but failed, "that's because you have. Now come on." She grabbed Chat's gloved hand out of impulse and pulled him beside her. They continued walking towards the quaint store, and Y/N immediately felt her face grow warm as she was still holding Chat's hand.

He made no attempt to let go, so she didn't either. The two stayed like that until they reached the automatic doors of the convenience store. Y/N let go of Chat's hand and inhaled sharply. She already missed the feeling of his hand in hers, although she couldn't actually feel the warmth of his hand due to the gloves he wore.