chapter 28

"98.5!? How is that even possible!" Y/N exclaimed angrily, tossing her purple pen on her desk. It rolled down onto the ground near Adrien's side and he picked it up. He twirled it between his fingers and grinned.

"It's definitely possible, and this-" he lifted his test sheet and pointed at the red numbers at the top- "is proof."

Y/N rolled her eyes and snatched his paper, examining it beside hers to ensure the teacher made no mistakes.

Adrien watched her closely, capturing her every movements. She furrowed her eyebrows at the paper and brushed her hair behind her ear.

"You got a 98 you shouldn't be upset." Adrien tried to reason but Y/N was not having any of it.

"I should've at least gotten that right!" She snatched her purple pen back from Adrien's hand and pointed towards one of the questions with it. "See?"

"Y/N that wasn't even close to what the question asked." Adrien laughed and put his hand on the back of her chair. He loved watching her get all flustered.

"Well- whatever the idea was there." She looked over at the blonde boy beside her and tried to suppress her smile but failed and buried her face in her hands.

"You'll beat me next time I know you will."

"Oh I definitely will." Y/N lifted her head and plastered on a smug smile that reached from ear to ear.

Adrien ruffled her hair and Y/N scrunched her nose. She was about to do the same to his but the teacher began to start another lesson just before she could.

༶•༶•༶

The bell for lunch rang and Y/N packed up her books. She made a beeline for her locker and quickly shoved her books inside.

Marinette and Alya appeared from either side of Y/N and they leaned on the lockers beside her.

"Sooo.. have you given Milan anymore thoughts?" Marinette crossed her arms over her chest and smiled.

Her dark, blue hair was pulled back into a tight ponytail. And it swayed with every movement she made.

"How can I give it more thought if I haven't even talked to my mother about it."

Alya pushed her glasses higher up on the bridge of her nose and mimicked Marinette's stance, "cant you just lie? I know that's not ideal but it would be better than telling her and it being off the table completely."

"I cant just lie- Milan is 7 hours away." Y/N frowned, "but... it does sound like a better option."

She groaned and shoved her head in her locker. It hit the top shelf and Marinette laughed, "you'll figure something out."

Alya voiced her agreement and Y/N sighed heavily before she brought her head back into view.

She gave them an appreciative look and grabbed her lunch bag.

༶•༶•༶

Adrien slung his lunch bag over his shoulder and headed for the cafeteria. He passed by people he knew and gave them a small wave. He only knew a few people who didn't care for the title assigned to his name.

Being one of the top models in Paris meant that people tried getting close to you for the benefits. The money, the reputation of being friends with an almost celebrity. Adrien hated that people only saw him for what was visible on the surface. It made him resent a lot of people. Well, all but one.