chapter 17

"Y/N! You're still asleep?" Y/N's mother flickered her lights on and off, "you're going to be late!"

Y/N groaned and flipped the covers off her body. She moved some stray pieces of hair away from her face and rolled out of bed. Her feet met the cold floor and she winced, immediately wanting to jump back into bed.

"What time is it?"

"7:30!"

Y/N's eyes widened and she immediately rushed to her closet to get dressed. The remaining feeling it exhaustion was no longer lingering in her eyes. Now that she knew she was going to be late, she was wide awake.

Y/N threw on whatever she could find as fast as she could.

"Y/N."

"Mom."

Y/N was still running around her room, grabbing a few books and unplugged her phone that was charging on her night table.

She turned to face her mother who looked as if she was about to cry, "you fell asleep."

"What?"

"You fell asleep Y/N." Her mother gazed at her with teary eyes and a soft smile. Her glasses were starting to fog up and she sniffed and shook her head, "one hug before you go."

Y/N smiled, realizing that ever since she met Chat noir and Adrien, she was falling asleep easier.

Her mother pulled her into a tight hug and Y/N hugged back. "Okay I got to go, love you!"

"Love you too, have a great day."

Y/N waved to her mother before dashing out the door. She didn't have time to grab something on the way so instead she sighed and searched through her bag for mints.

She took one from its blue case and popped it into her mouth. It wasn't breakfast but at least it was something.

By the time Y/N got to school, she had five minutes to put her stuff in her locker and get to class.

She fiddled her with her lock out of nerves and messed up the combination the first time.

She sighed and tried again, slower this time.

Her locker finally opened and Y/N put away her stuff and raced to class. On the way there one of her books fell out of her arms and Y/N groaned. This was going to be a long day.

༶•༶•༶

Adrien's eyes met Y/N's the moment she walked into the room. She was lucky her teacher had not come in yet, although the bell had rung a minute or two ago.

Adrien's green eyes softened as he watched
Y/N set her books down beside him, "good morning." She greeted sweetly, pulling out her chair and sitting down.

Adrien fiddled with his silver ring, "good morning Y/N."

He smiled, "you look good this morning."

Y/N paused and looked over at him. She briefly lifted up her a finger and touched under her eyes. She didn't feel any bags like there usually were, "I slept in. That's probably why." She grinned and looked down at her books.

"You must have had a tiring night if you slept in."

Y/N recalled the events that happened last night and immediately felt her face heat him. She tucked her hair behind her ears and shook her head, "no- it wasn't that tiring."