chapter 20

"A robbery? That's what you called me for?" Chat noir frustratingly ran a hand through his silky blonde hair. "You and I both know you can handle this type of crime on your own, Ladybug."

Ladybug shrugged her well built shoulders and began to spin her ladybug patterned yo-yo around in circles. Her eyes followed it carefully.

"I know I can, I just thought it would be more entertaining with a partner." She mused.

"How many are in there?"

"I'm not sure, but no matter how many there are, it won't be an issue for us."

Chat looked down, then to Ladybug. It was evident there was some sort of hurt in his eyes. Ladybug took notice and stopped spinning her yo-yo. "Is everything okay Chat?"

"Yeah. Let's just get this over with." Chat noir grumbled, and grabbed his staff before leaping off the roof that him and Ladybug were standing on. The air blew threw both their hair.

Chat couldn't stop thinking of Y/N, even as the two hero's entered the building from different angles. It was a drug store. Not to big, but not to small either. There was no doubt that it was the easiest store to rob.

Ladybug's eyes immediately scanned for citizens. She protectively stood in front of them, "stay here." They all nodded and watched in awe as she sprinted away.

Chat noir was busy searching the isles for the robber. It was almost like he was in autopilot, barely focusing on what he was doing.

He was about to jump up on one of the counters in the pharmacy section but was stopped by a fist flying right for his face. Chat could've sworn he moved out of the way, but he didn't. He fell backwards with a groan. His hand instinctively let go of his staff and the robber grabbed it.

"I thought cats had sharp reflexes." He toyed, hitting his palm gently with the staff over and over again.

"I thought so too." Ladybug used her yo-yo to sweep the robbers legs. He fell and Chat noir stood up, swiftly taking his staff back in the process.

Chat was about to thank her but was stopped when they saw more people running towards them. One grabbed Ladybug and one went for Chat's legs.

This time, Chat noir lept out of the way and was now face to face with the guy who tried attacking him. He drew back his staff but was kicked in the side.

He leaned forward and grunted. The attacker in front of him went in for a punch but Chat blocked it with his staff. "Chat watch out!" Ladybug screamed from across the store. She was dealing with two other guys, and managed to get one on the ground. Chat looked behind him but was too late to react as he was tackled to the ground.

One punch was landed to the left side of his face and another was landed to his jaw.

Any other day, Chat would have these guys down in an instant. But today was different. Today, Chat had too much on his mind. He had Y/N on his mind. He couldn't stop thinking about how hurt she looked, and how much he wanted to tell her the truth.

That he was Chat noir. That he liked her. That he wanted her more than anything.

"You're supposed to be one of the greatest heroes in Paris." One of the guys chuckled, he had a black mask on.

"Maybe we got the wrong guy." The other one said, and they both laughed.

"Chat! Get up! What are you doing?" The sound of Ladybugs voice rang through Chat's ears. He was snapped back to reality and tried lifting up his staff. He winced in the process.

His side ached just as much as his heart did.

The attacker with the black mask walked closer to Chat and stepped on his hand, preventing him from lifting up his staff. "You bastard." He spit out some of the blood that was filling his mouth.