chapter 31

"Are you sure we have the right place..?" Y/N hesitated, pulling out her duffel bag from the back seat.

Adrien moved to the trunk of the car and pulled out his own bag. It was much bigger than Y/N's but she figured it had all the clothing he needed for his photoshoot.

"This is the right place." Adrien stretched his back and reached for Y/N's bag. She moved it out of his reach, indicating she could hold it herself. Adrien just rolled his eyes and reached farther for it. He swung it over his shoulder and gripped Y/N's hand with his only free one.

She smiled up at the blonde boy. His green eyes shining in the moonlight. He returned the smile and squeezed her hand.

The house they were staying at was huge. It had a lights illuminating the path leading up to the house, and flowers surrounding its exterior. It was dark with multiple windows allowing a clear view of inside to be seen. It screamed rich which didn't surprise Y/N at all.

Adrien grasped the door knob but Y/N stopped him.

"Wait."

Adrien turned to face her. His eyebrows furrowed, "what's wrong?"

Y/N played with her hands nervously, "I've never met your father. What if he doesn't like me?"

Adrien sighed, adjusting the bags in his hands.

"I'll be honest with you. My father, he.." Adrien trailed off, clenching his jaw. "He's not easy to please."

Y/N's face fell and she became even more nervous then before. Her nerves must've been evident on her face because Adrien immediately reassured her.

"Listen, just because he's a cold person, doesn't mean he won't warm up." Adrien regained his grip on the door handle. "Plus, you're such a loveable person. I cant imagine he'd be cold around you."

Y/N's heart squeezed and she followed closely behind Adrien.

A fresh smell immediately hit Y/N's nose as they stepped into the vast house. The interior reminded Y/N of Adrien's house. It looked similar except it had more windows.

"Adrien." A voice called from the kitchen and Y/N immediately snapped her eyes away from the decor in the house.

She tensed again and gripped Adrien's hand tighter.

She had seen Adrien's father, Gabriel before. She knew how famous his designs were and how successful he is. But she could never shake how much he intimidated her. Even though she had only ever seen him in a magazine or on a TV programs her mom likes to watch.

"Dad." Adrien said and Y/N didn't realize how she was absentmindedly walking. They were now in the kitchen which was illuminated with fluorescent lights. It was bright, almost bright enough to make Y/N want to shield her eyes.

"How was your drive." Gabriel, Adrien's father said. His tone was emotionless and he didn't acknowledge Y/N's presence until Adrien introduced her.

"The drive was fine." He glanced down at the girl beside him briefly, "this is Y/N. My girlfriend. I told you about her last week and how she would be staying for my photoshoot."

Y/N was surprised by how forward the blonde boy was. She almost expected him to beat around the bush, but he didn't. Instead, he looked so happy when he presented her as his girlfriend.

Y/N warmed up that action and she gave a small wave. She cringed at her nervous action but continued, "it's a pleasure to meet you Mr. Agreste. I'm a big fan of your work."

Gabriel adjusted his glasses, suppressing a smile. He could tell right away that she was pure. Despite his lifeless antics, he did want the best for his son.