chapter 33

Y/N woke up to an empty bed. She patted the spot beside her and wasn't surprised that it was empty. She knew Adrien had a photo shoot. Well, he had two today. One early which he protested to Y/N not coming too for the fact that it was early.

Y/N flopped back down onto the soft bed and stared at the white ceiling.

What had happened yesterday?

Adrien had been fine for the duration of the trip to Milan, and he was fine before they walked inside.

But the second he saw his father, his mood changed.

Although she hates to admit it, Y/N had known a little bit about Adrien prior to meeting him. It wasn't like she was a fan, she always watched T.V late at night when she couldn't sleep. And Adrien just happened to be on T.V most nights.

Usually it was news reporters talking about a new photoshoot.

But sometimes, they talked about his family.

Y/N often felt bad that his life was being broadcasted to the public.

And so, she usually shut it off. Although sometimes she wanted to keep watching.

Y/N shook her head and stood up, groaning in the process. She tucked her hair behind her ear and stopped in front of the large window. It was a beautiful day outside.

Yet, she couldn't help but feel sad on behalf of Adrien.

She just wished he would open up to her.

༶•༶•༶

Adrien sighed as another makeup artist made her way towards him. He was sitting on a rather uncomfortable chair, one leg crossed against the other.

"Are my makeup skills that bad?" One of the makeup artists said, grinning as she did so.

Adrien frowned, "no- that's not-" she laughed, "I was just messing with you."

Adrien breathed out a sigh of relief. Perhaps he should keep his annoyance of everything to himself.

"What's got you so down?" The makeup artist asked. She stepped in front of Adrien to touch up his eyebrows and he noticed all of her. She was very beautiful, probably in her thirty's. She had on a red hijab that matched the colour of her lipstick.

Adrien watched her expression carefully. She genuinely seemed concerned about him even though they were strangers.

"Oh- it's uh- nothing." Adrien didn't think his tone was that convincing but he hoped she bought it.

"Are you sure?"

Adrien bit his lip and shook his head, "I'm not- but it's easier not to talk about it."

The woman smiled sweetly and finished up his eyebrows, "you're young. Whatever's got you down will fix itself. Trust me."

She then left with those last words and another artist came to fix his hair. Adrien sat thinking about what that woman said. It was hard to believe that things would fix itself, especially when he knew that things with his father could only get worse.

Thinking about his father, Adrien noticed him. He was talking with the photographer and gesturing towards Adrien every once and a while.

The blonde boy was resisting the urge to roll his eyes.

"All done." A soft voice cut Adrien away from his glare towards his father. He thanked the woman responsible for his hair and headed toward a bar stool sitting in the middle of a white background. He sat down and sighed. Letting his annoyance show for a brief moment.

A male photographer was angling his camera toward Adrien when he stopped and gestured for Adrien to smile.

It was difficult to force his lips upward, but he did.

He smiled, the greatest one he could muster. It felt like his face was burning. Burning with the anger of his forced joy. He noticed his father watching.

His eyes were blank as they always were. Not a single trace of a smile evident.

"Okay let's move on." The photographer moved towards a different background. This one had other models already waiting.

They were instructed to get close to each other which made Adrien uncomfortable. It was two women after all.

He didn't even bother batting an eye at the women on either side of him. He didn't care.

All he cared about was Y/N.

____

"Great work today everyone!" The photographer finally put away his camera and Adrien wondered how much time had passed.

He was sick of posing and smiling and fake laughing. Adrien loved modelling, but sometimes it got tedious.

"Hi." Another unknown voice broke Adrien away from his own silence. He had moved near the exit and put on his brown leather jacket but luck clearly wasn't on his side today.

"Hi." Adrien faked another smile and turned to face the girl before him.

"I just wanted to say that it was nice working with you."

Adrien furrowed his eyebrows and looked behind her towards the photographers that were taking down the set.

Gears in his head turned when he realized she was one of the girls he modelled with.

She was a bit shorter then Adrien, and she had a wide smile on her face. Her hair was in butterfly locs and her dark skin was illuminated by the light that was seeping through the exit.

Adrien smiled and nodded his head, "it was nice working with you too."

He didn't have anything else to say and turned to walk away, "if you'll excuse me-"

She cut him off abruptly, "wait! I was just wondering if I could get your number? Maybe we can work together again sometime."

Adrien stuttered and shook his head immediately, "I'm sorry." He began, running a hand through his blonde hair.

"I have a girlfriend."

The girl before him stood stunned and crossed her arms, "its just work. Nothing else."

Adrien inhaled sharply, his temper beginning to rise. The day had been long enough, he just wanted to get the hell out of this place.

"My manger is over there if you want to discuss working with me." With that, he left. The door shutting tightly behind him.

He only had one thing in mind now.

______
Hi guys, sorry I haven't posted in a while! Happy new year and I hope everyone's holidays were good:)

I've had a lot of people commenting that plagg can see everything Adrien sees, so I'm just going to clear a few things up.

I'm aware that Adrien can't take off his mask without him retransforming, same with his suit.

For the sake of this story, that won't be the case.

He can take off his mask and suit and plagg doesn't see everything. I know that doesn't make sense but let's just pretend it does😭

Anyway, sorry if that confused some people. Please leave any more comments here if you have any questions and I will answer<3

I love you all and thank you for 67k reads!