chapter 4

Y/N blinked repeatedly, and squinted her eyes at the white painted ceiling. Although it was dark, she could make out faint cracks that littered near the chandelier. Her room was dark, and the only light provided was from the little gaps in the curtains.

Sleep.

Come on.

Sleep.

Over and over again she repeated, hoping that maybe her body would listen. Even though deep down she knew it wouldn't.

When she was first diagnosed with insomnia, Y/N believed that it would eventually go away with time and maybe if she continued to lay in bed the whole night, she might fall asleep.

Although she knew deep down it would never work, she still continued to try.

Y/N began to get frustrated with herself and propped herself up with her forearms. Her hair fell in front of her face and she brushed it away.

Should she go up to balcony?

No, not again. She couldn't afford to.

Tonight she should try to get at least a few hours, besides, it was Friday. She wouldn't have to worry about sleeping on the weekend.

She glanced up and wondered what Chat noir was doing. Was he waiting for her?

Would he ask her where she was once she sees him again?

No.. she shouldn't think such foolish things. Why would he be concerned of her? They had only just met. They were still strangers.

Y/N fell back down onto her pillow and sighed.

Eventually, she felt as if hours had past and  was starting to feel drowsy, her eyelids slowly shut and Y/N fell into a rather peaceful sleep.

༶•༶•༶

The morning sun peered through the curtains and fell over Y/N's face. She flipped her bedsheets over her head and groaned. What time was it?

Y/N let one hand out from under the covers to grab her phone which rested on the night table to her left. She gripped her phone tightly and brought it back under the sheets. In bold, the time read 9:00.

Y/N' face fell and she quickly leapt from her bed, letting out an exaggerated exhale of frustration.

Y/N had never been late before. Well, only a a few times for doctors appointments, but never for other reasons. High school was the worst, yet she found herself still wanting to go everyday. Perhaps it was because she knew she would be getting the education she needed for university.

She glanced at her phone once more and noticed a message from her mother. "Take the day off. I noticed you were sleeping."  Y/N sighed. She was only an hour late, there wouldn't be an issue with running to school quickly and making it on time for her next class. She contemplated, before realizing one thing that somehow didn't register in her mind.

She actually fell asleep. Sure it wasn't the longest sleep but she actually managed to get a few hours.

"How did that happen..?" Y/N spoke to herself, running a hand through her (hair type) hair. And squinted her eyes, filtering through her mind, hoping to see an image of what helped her sleep. She squeezed her eyes shut as a certain image popped into her mind.

It was him.

That mysterious boy in a mask.

Y/N shook her head. She couldn't be thinking about someone who couldn't even reveal their true identity. She had never thought of anyone like that before. It had always been school and escaping from this boring city on her mind.

So why?

Why was she thinking about someone who she had only recently met?

More importantly, why did she fall asleep with the memory of him fresh in her mind?

Chat noir POV

I watched her from a distance. Her beautiful hair swayed, and became illuminated by the moon behind her. She smiled down at me with those gorgeous eyes. I could look at her forever, even though I had just met her. Everyday felt like a drag until I got to see her.

Why was she on my mind all the time?

I don't even know who she really is yet I'm always excited to see her when night rolls around.

Our conversations aren't long, yet when I hear her voice I melt.

I wonder what her name is.

Maybe she'll tell me once we get more familiar with each other.

Ladybug..

Yeah....

She's the one who's always on my mind.

______
Hey guys... I'm sorry I haven't posted in a while I've been busy with exams>.<

enjoy this short chapter:)