chapter 2

"You shouldn't be drinking coffee N/N (nickname)"

Y/N scoffed and placed her red mug down on the counter. "Coffee or not I still won't be able to sleep."

A sigh escaped from her mothers mouth, and she set her own mug beside Y/N's. She placed a hand on Y/N's shoulder and adjusted her glasses. "Maybe we should go see the doctor again..."

"No, its fine mom.." She sipped her coffee and watched as her mother took her hand off Y/N's shoulder to adjust her black glasses.

Being diagnosed with insomnia at a young age wasn't only hard for Y/N, but it was hard for her mother as well. She saw the dark circles under her eyes every morning, and couldn't do anything to help.

"I better get going." Y/N took one last gulp of her poorly tasting coffee, scooped up her backpack, and headed out the door with a wave to her mother.

The cool wind blew Y/N's hair away from her face. She smiled, enjoying the feeling of the breeze. The temperature was always pleasant the morning after it rains.

Y/N walked with her hands tucked in her navy blue hoodie. Eventually she neared her school and took a deep breath.

She fumbled with her locker for a while, trying to get it open, and when she finally did she heard a familiar voice speaking in earshot.

It was Adrien, speaking to a girl Y/N knew from the earlier years of high school.

Marinette, that was her name.

Y/N softly smiled in their direction and collected her books.

༶•༶•༶

The classroom was partially empty when Y/N walked in. She mentally smiled and hurried to her seat. She gazed out the window like she usually did, and eventually zoned out.

"Earth to Y/N."

Y/N slowly spun around to face her seat mate who's hand was in front of her face. "Sorry.." She mumbled quickly and glanced down at her books. "What are you apologizing for?" Adrien chuckled and set his hand back down. Y/N smiled and shook her head. "Habit?"

"You know, I never see you participate in anything school related.. why is that?"

Y/N didn't say anything for a few moments. Instead she just took one more glance out the misty window and smiled, "there's nothing I'm interested in."

That made Adrien frown and cock one eyebrow up, "nothing?"

"Nothing."

Adrien leaned down and rested his chin on his hand, while looking at Y/N from a sideways angle. "How come I don't believe that?"

"I prefer to just go straight home."

"That's fair." Adrien continued, "although.. it is our last year.."

"That's true. But I'm still not going to partake in anything."

Adrien laughed, a soft genuine laugh which made Y/N fully look in his direction. His emerald eyes shut when he laughed, and his peach lips were curved upward. He was.. pretty. But Y/N shook that thought away as quickly as it approached.