Prologue

"what's this?" she asked as soon as she entered his office. Earlier he called her to come over to his office, Lisa was confused because he hasn't returned home in a month nor spoke to her.

When she has finally arrived he didn't greet her, he ignored her and only threw her a file on the table. When she opened it she found his signature on it and the other was empty, her gut dropped when she knew what it was.

"a divorce paper" he replied coldly without glancing at her. His eyes were looking at the files he's reading calmly, flipping the page.

Lisa felt anger wash on her, she snatched the file away from him and yelled "what the hell, why do you want a divorce?!"

"give it back" his voice was calm yet carried a lot of power.

"not until you tell me why! What have I done?" she felt a lump grow on her throat as she spoke. She never thought he'd ever divorce her and be so calm about it. It's like handing a kid a chocolate. Did he really wanna get rid of her so bad?

" we were supposed to divorce two years ago" his voice carried no trace of warmness to his wife, as if he was speaking to a stranger.

"but since father insisted me to stay longer, then I did for the sake of him. However, it's been three years now, and marrying you hasn't given me anything but troubles. Now you have your reason?"

Lisa bit her lips and angrily said "how dare you! I did my best to please you, I've took many socialite classes so that I can be worthy to stand beside you, I skipped college so I can learn how to be a good housewife. Yet you said I've given you troubles.. ?" tears rolled down her eyes.

He walked closer to her and stared at her with no emotion.

"my father called me yesterday, he said we've been married for three years but haven't had any kids yet. I told him we are going to divorce soon, so there's no reason for me to bear kids with you"

Lisa felt a pang in her chest. Although she married him very young and hasn't completed her college, she always imagined having a family of three kids with him. If he wants more than three, she will happily give him. Through ups and downs, she will always be by his side.

She thought she couldn't achieve it yet because of her young age, or that Jungkook probably couldn't stomach the fact that he's sleeping with her because of her baby face so she waited, with time everything will change.

However, she has lost hope.

"I don't have any feelings for you, it's the best for you to sign now so we can end this" he took the paper from the table and handed to her. His words sounded meaningless to her ears.

She glared at him with her red eyes and snatched the paper viciously from his hand. She turned her gaze and read the paper.

His signature has already filled understand his name, while hers was still empty.

Once she signs this and submit it to the court, she will  no longer be his legal wife.

She glanced at him once again to see him waiting for her to sign it.

She gritted her teeth, feeling her heart was gonna explode any minutes.

She's angry at his decision that she wanted to curse and yell at his face, and tell him how much heartless he was for doing this to her! If he always came back home from work everyday instead of going missing for a business trip for months, slept with her on the same bed despite not being intimate, or even had a conversation with her during dinner, then they would've been able to work out. She always receives the news from his assistant whenever he's on a trip, and when she calls his phone his assistant is always the one to answer her.

She had so many rage in her heart for the man on front of her, but her feelings betrayed her.

Her face was no longer filled with anger, but was filled with sadness and hopelessness.

She looked at the divorce paper, and looked back at every decisions she has made in the past.

I sacrificed many things in my life for you, but you sacrificed the thing that I sacrificed everything for.

She signed the paper with heavy heart. Her eyes looked empty after crying. Everything is over now, if you're not happy with me, then I hope you will he happy with someone else.

She didn't look at his eyes for once, afraid that she will cry all over again and look pathetic in his eyes, and that she won't be able to move on.

Lisa turned her back and left the office, she didn't want to see his face any more. She needed to go to the park and breathe air, her mind was foggy and couldn't think straight.

As she was walking, a van pulled over next to her. She noticed it and paced faster, but suddenly an arm grabbed her waist and covered her mouth, then they carried her inside the van as she kept thrashing and tried screaming for help.

From the day they kidnapped her, she was kept inside a dark place tied up. And the mens treated her like a dirty rag, constantly beating her and left her in cold weather with no clothes on. These guys were sent by the enemies of her father who passed away few years ago, and has been targeting his family. When they found her walking near the road, they were already planning on kidnapping her.

6 month after living in hell, one of them accused her of stealing a certain drug and drowned her so she can admit it when she didn't really steal anything. Their intentions wasn't to kill her, however, her life ended right there.

"where's the drug you bitch?!" the guy pulled her head down the bucket of water as she begged for them to stop. Last thing she felt before her death was her throat tightening and water entering her lung through her mouth as she screamed inside the water for nearly a minute. The feeling was painful when the water entered her respiratory. Her life flashed from her eyes before it slowly shut down.

But is she really dead?