CHAPTER 39

After the small shopping, they had a small dessert before returning to the car.

Inside the car, Jungkook stared at his phone as the word ingrained in his mind for a whole day.

Lisa's behaviour was strange for these few days, he didn't question it on front of her but he was trying to understand her on his own.

He has always been clueless of woman's emotions, and he always wonders If they usually having mood swings or change their mind quickly, but on his mind Lisa was being more passionate with him now. He's happy for the change, really glad, more than he ever thought, but there must be the reaction that made her like that.

He can't remember it very well or when did it start.

But for sure she changed. He has to find out why.

"Jungkook? Aren't you gonna drive?" Lisa asked.

Jungkook jolted out of his thought and quickly put his phone back as he started the car.

Lisa's eyes glued to his phone laying on the arm rest with anger thoughts.

"who were you talking to? It looks like the person is really important to you. Are you talking to a woman? Who is she? Do you have any female friend? You're hiding from me right?" Lisa asked while glaring at him.

'what is she talking about?' Jungkook stared at her questionably.

"no one, I was just looking at my reflection" he replied honestly.

Lisa gave him a judgement look "hm, because you're so arrogant. Why did I even marry you..." Lisa rolled her eyes and looked back at the window.

Ouch.

Jungkook gave up trying to understand her. One time she's sweet and the next time she's back to being mean again.

"because you love me" he answered confidently.

Lisa scrunched her nose while crossing her arms like a child and looked away.

Jungkook stared at her and decided to share her something that's been ingrained in his head for too long.

"Lisa, baby, let's go back to our house"

He glanced at her to which she gave no response.

He did another try with the hope of her agreeing.

"I will buy another house under your name, way more better and huge If you don't want to go back to that house"

Lisa finally looked at him but instead she frowned "Jungkook, do you like to throw your money everywhere? Just because you're rich doesn't mean you should spend your money on something too expensive. You know it's not simple to buy a house! Our old mansion is too big and enough for the future" Lisa emphasized.

He seems to not be getting the last message "okay, does that mean you wanna get back?" he asked.

Lisa was looking at the window while thinking, but he thought she was just ignoring him.

"okay!" she agreed.

Happiness washed inside him "okay... do you want to pack your stuff today or we will do it tomorrow better?"

"tomorrow, by the way can you take me back to my company so I can choose the clothes for tonight?" referring to grandpa's birthday.

He nodded then took a turn.

In 5 minutes they were there, parked in the company's underground parking lot.

"I will go, do you want to cum with me?"

Lisa didn't realize that she accidentally mispronounced 'come' until she over heard the word in her mind. She played with her hair, hiding her embarrassment.

"yeah" he agreed with a sly smile while removing the seatbelt. Thankfully he didn't notice. Or maybe.

They left the gift inside the car as they went inside the building.

The workers greeted Lisa when they saw her walking in then stared at Jungkook who was unfamiliar to them.

Jungkook felt indifferent because he doesn't earn the same greetings from his own employees.

Lisa bowed back and smiled lightly at them as she was walking inside a room full of clothes sealed in plastic bag one by one.

When they were gone, the workers looked at each other while gossiping.

"wow this is lady boss's husband"

"I'm so jealous of her husband"

"I hope he treats her right, lady boss is so kind"

They continued working.

"Jungkook, come here" Lisa took out a suit that's sealed inside a transparent plastic bag.

"you design this?" he asked in amaze.

She nodded proudly "by the way, this will look good on you so I'm giving it for free, but next time if you want something here then you will have to pay for it"

"I don't mind" he replied while staring at the suit in mesmerized.

"I was kidding! We have only 5 hours to get ready. If you have some work to do then go now"

He stared at her "how about I take a break from my work now and spend time with my wife and see how she works?"

"if you want.. But I don't like it when you look at me when I do something"

"why?"

Lisa bit her lip. Does he not know how hot she gets when he stares at her with those eyes?

She glanced at him and his gaze landed on her lips, he started licking his.

Lisa blushed immediately "Jungkook!"

"sorry" he looked back at her eyes and his heating gaze faded.

His gaze towards her is so dark and heating which makes her uncomfortable because back home when he gave her that look, she kept it ignoring it until that led her to bed with him.

She wonders what is going on in his mind about her. She really does.

After she picked his suit she picked hers which is way better than the gown shop they were at.

It's more appropriate, formal, and it can even cover most of the areas of the bites from Jungkook.

"I'm done" she said.

"okay"

Jungkook still doesn't know where her office is so he quietly follows her. As he was walking he was disappointed at how small her company is.

Why didn't she just use the money that grand father gave her? He silently thought.

"are you the one who chose this place?" he asked.

She nodded.

"why so small? If you don't have enough to afford then you could've used the money that grand father gave to you from the wedding"

"because I like to use something from my own achievement. And don't forget that you wanted to divorce me so how can I use something that doesn't belong to me."

"but this was a gift from my grand father, even if we divorce he won't ask for return because it's yours now" he said.

Lisa stopped and furiously looked at him "do you not like how my company is? Well then keep sulking because I didn't do it for you, plus if you weren't gone for 3 month or treated me much better then I would have asked for your help so I won't hear you sulking later just because you prefer something from your level. Don't come at me and tell me this is my fault now, I was planning to upgrade this place anyways" she flipped her hair to his face and stomped to her office while he was standing speechless on his spot.

this woman is getting bolder everyday, I wonder if...

Jungkook shook his head.