buZZZ

It was definitely hard to get to sleep that night with all the thoughts swarming around in my brain. I finally did though. A good, deep sleep. I was dreaming and in my dream I kept hearing this constant buzz. I thought it would go away but it kept on buzzing. It was annoying me. I felt myself drifting away...

Then I woke up. What the? My phone was buzzing. Someone was calling me. I picked it up and with blurry, squinting eyes, I looked and recieved a jolt of shock seeing Dylan and I's selfie appearing on the screen. Dylan was calling me! I think I was even shocked to see that the time was freaking 7:30 in the morning! What in the!

I heard Emma stir and whisper "Who's calling you?" she mumbled through a raspy morning voice.

I was slightly more awake, but still half-asleep. "Dylan," I say to her. I swiped and put the phone to my ear. "Hello?" I asked. My voice was also raspy from the morning.

"Good morning! Are you asleep?"

"I was," I replied, thinking about how cute he sounds. "What do you want?" Whoops. That's what happens when people call in the early morning or late night. I get straight to the point with a bit of rudeness.

"Honestly, I was just calling because I can't quit thinking of you."

"Really?" I ask with a grin. "Me too," I agreed while stretching.

"Plus I told you I'd call," he chuckled. I said a "Yeah..."

"Well I wondered what you were doing today and if I could see you."

"Are you off?"

"Well I can be if you don't have plans."

I put my free hand up to the screen and whispered to Emma. "Do you work today?"

She slowly nodded her head while sleepily grumbling "hang out with him."

"Ok, I can hang out with you. Later," I add, not wanting to get up quite yet.

"Great. I can pick you up. We can have a picnic or something."

That sounds adorable, I thought. "Ok."

"Awesome. I will see you later this afternoon. Just call me when you want me to come get you."

"Ok," I answered with a yawn.

"See you later."

"Bye," I said and hung up. I rolled over to face Emma and quietly told her he wanted to have a picnic with me.

"That's so special," she said with as much enthusiasm as a sleepy teenager could manage.

We both went back to sleep for a couple more hours.