What A Marvelous Idea

Dylan arrived soon to pick me up. I asked him if I could sit in the middle beside him and he agreed. I scootched over towards him and he put his hand on my thigh (which I really enjoyed). I wrapped my arms around his and leaned on his shoulder. I took a deep breath to inhale his scent. "I love the way you smell..." I practically moaned. SHIT! I didn't mean to say that outloud! I peeked up at him to see if he heard me and of course he had. He was smiling at me. "Oh yeah?" he asked. I just smiled back and then hid my face in his bicep. Ugh, I felt so stupid!

I was puzzled. He pulled into a cemetary and parked. "Uhm, what are we doing here?" I asked.

He licked his lips. "It's quiet. More privacy. Do you wanna walk?"

"Uhm, sure." We got out of the truck and I noticed he put his hands in his pockets, so he must not want to hold my hand. I crossed my arms and we began to walk. He wasn't saying anything so I asked him, "Are you ok?"

He stared at the ground. Without looking at me, he said "Yeah. It's just messed up."

"I know. It is. Is Norma ok?"

He shrugged. "I guess. She's lived with it this long. I just never had a father figure in my life. I never had anyone really. I feel like things may be different now if they had been then."

I nodded my head in understandment. We walked further in silence. Then Dylan piped up. "I'm glad I have you to talk too." He met my eyes.

"Me too," I said. "I feel really close to you. I'm really glad we met." I gave a quick smile at him then looked away in case he didn't reciprocate. But he must have because he stepped closer to me and swung his arm around my shoulder and we walked a little bit more.

"I have an idea but I don't know if you're going to like it." Dylan spoke.

 I turned my head to him. "Why? What is it?"

"Well, I don't know how you'll feel about spending the night with me. We just met."

I almost choked on my own breathing. What? Did he just say 'spend the night with him'?

"Uhm. What." I spoke in a flat tone, unsure of where this was going, but excited to hear.

"I thought it would be cool if we stayed in the back of my truck and watched the stars all night." He looked at me and when I didn't say anything, he kept going. "I could get a blow-up air mattress to lay on. Lots of blankets. It would be really cool."

"Have you ever done that before?" I asked, wondering if this had been something he'd done with an ex.

"No," he said. "Have you?"

"Psh! No!" I looked straight ahead, my heart racing at the thought of this.

He paused a moment before asking what I thought. I didn't answer him right away. My mind was racing. I was getting excited. Finally, I spun my head to face him. "Let's do it!"

He grinned in appreciation of my answer. "We need to get the air mattress. I'm sure Norma has some blankets I could take."

We jogged back to his truck, in high spirits and I was so excited for what was going to happen. This was going to be so fun and adventerous. I had never done anything quite like this before.