Caught in the Middle

We pulled into the Bates Motel and Hannah said it's cute. I know she's probably freaking out inside about meeting Norman. Gross. Like I said, I mean, I have a soft spot for him deep inside because of what happened but because I know what he did, and how he acts, he isn't my favorite pal.

Dylan's truck's here so I felt giddy but I go ahead and sneak into the office because Emma's Bug is in the drive as well.

I stepped in with Hannah behind me and for one brief moment, I catch a glimpse of something that kind of stuck with me in my afterthoughts. Dylan was right next to Emma, brushing against her even, and was laughing at something on her phone she was showing him. What struck me odd was the smiling face Emma had but she wasn't looking at her phone she was looking at Dylan. Looking.

Not a second later, it ended and they gasped once they saw me. Dylan ran around the counter and hugged me, picking me up and twirling me in the air. He sat me down and asked me what I was doing there and how glad he was to see me. He kissed me and I melted a little. Emma came around also and we hugged. She asked me what I was doing there also. I told them I missed them and this place.

"Hannah?" A quiet voice from the back speaks up.

Emma and Dylan part from my view and I see Norman standing in the back parlor in the dark and we all turn to Hannah. "Hi," she smiles. He comes up from the back and Norman shakes her hand awkwardly. "Wow, I didn't know you were coming here," he said.

"We just decided yesterday," Hannah said.

Emma cleared her throat. "How do you two know each other?" she said, looking skeptical.

"Oh, we are mutual Facebook friends through Ginny," Norman stuttered.

I give him an odd look and exchange odd glances with Hannah as well.

Emma nodded but still didn't seem very comfortable with it and I wondered if she was jealous because Norman was always a dick to her.

I chatted with them for a little bit before Emma asked me if I would come with her outside for a moment. I left Hannah in there with the other two. I followed her and waited for her to speak.

"Do they seem a little closer than just mutual friends?" She asked with a grimace.

"Uh..." I was startled by the question.

"Sorry. I didn't get a chance to tell you but Norman and I have decided to try out us." She gave me a little smile.

"Wait, what?" I asked with sweaty palms. "You mean you two are dating now?"

She nodded a little. "Sort of. Basically yes, but it's still odd. I don't know how it's going to work. It feels weird."

"Weird how?"

She shrugged. "I don't know. You know how he is. Some part of me still thinks he doesn't like me like that. But if he didn't, why else would he ask me if I wanted to try us out, you know?"

I was suddenly angry and nervous. Norman had been talking to Hannah and dating Emma at the same time? Oh my gosh...what the hell was I going to do!?

I just slowly nodded. "Yeah, well, he's weird," I stated blankly. She chuckled and we went back inside and I tried to act normal like nobody was getting cheaty with each other.

Hannah and I got a room and she was hauling her luggage to the room while Dylan was taking mine out for me. "So when do we get to be alone?" he asked slyly.

I smiled at him. "Why?" I asked playfully.

"I think you know," he whispered in my ear before kissing my cheek. I blushed and got tingly inside. "We could all go out tonight and then maybe I can spend the night in your bed," I suggested. He raised his eyebrows. He liked the idea.

The 5 of us went out to eat and Hannah was fine with the idea of having the room all to herself later that evening. I was really nervous in a good way to sleep with Dylan again. Each time it's like the first all over again because it's a lengthy period in between each time. Norma met with Hannah and she gave me a look-she knew what was going on tonight so she suggested to Norman they stay up late watching movies. I knew it was because the rooms aren't that far apart and she probably didn't want to hear things. Dylan held my hand as he led me up the stairs. He let me in first and when he shut the door, he pulled me to him and kissed me deeply. We madeout, making our way to his bed where we made out with clothes on for a while. Then we started to undress each other...

It was amazing. Being with him. I knew I didn't want anyone else ever. It was reaffirmed each time we were with each other.

We lay there naked under his covers, his arm around me, playing with a strand of hair and asked me what was on my mind. He knew something was. I heaved a sigh. "You can't say anything."

He chuckled. "Okay, it's not like I'm the gossip king or whatever."

"It's Norman..."

"What about him?"

"He's playing Emma and Hannah."

"What?" Dylan was shocked to hear this. I told him what was going on and he called him a little prick.

"I'm afraid to say anything but I feel like I need to!"

"Yeah...why don't you ask Norman himself. See what he has to say."

"I might have too..."

He turned to face me and I rolled on my side to look at him too. "Hey," he said. "I love you. And I'm glad you're here."

"I hate being away from you," I squeak with watering eyes.

"Then don't be," he said, tucking the strand behind my ear.

I gave him a look.

"Well, you did say you kind of missed this place," he joked. I rolled my eyes playfully. "I just don't know what to do."

He caressed my head. "Well you don't have to decide right now. Just be with me."

"I am with you," I said.

"Don't think about anything but what's happening right now," he whispered as he gently kissed me. And that was the start of round two.