The Box

Shoutout to one of my top fans, TooManyFandomslove for giving me this idea.

* * *

I slowly came too and didn't know where I was at. I felt groggy and disgusting. The air around me was damp and suffocating.

I rolled my head over to my left and squinted my eyes at the only ray of light I could see. It was small slits peeking through.

After my eyes adjusted, my eyessight slowly trailed down until I saw it. A body was laying next to me.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!" A blood-curdling scream escaped my lips and I jolted up only to smack my head on something very hard. I flailed my zip-tied arms only to hit the hardness again.

In the same moment, the body tried to jolt up too and starting screaming. We both tried to get away from each other but we couldn't go anywhere. What was happening?

"MOTHER!" the other body bellowed.

"Norman?" I said without thinking.

He stopped shouting. "Who are you?" he asked, scared.

"Ginny!"

"Ginny? Wha-where are we?"

"I don't know. I started feeling around with my hands and started cold-sweating at my discovery. "Box..." I muttered.

"What?" he asked loudly.

"Box! I think we're in a box!" I panicked. I started freaking out inside my head. Sometimes I was claustrophobic. I had to get out. I HAD TO GET OUT NOW!!!!

I started kicking the top of the box even though my ankles were still tied together. Pounding it with my fists. I gritted my teeth and shrieked through them.

Norman joined me. He pounded his duck-taped wrists and screamed for help. I chimed in. "HELP!"  We wore our vocal cords out. My voice became raspy and I needed a drink. I was silently weeping.

"Why are we here?" I sobbed. I curled up in the fetal position.

It was a long silence. All you could hear were my sobs, both of our breathing, and distant chirping of the birds. I kept thinking about my mom and dad and how I should have been home by now. Maybe Emma will think about me? Oh no...I don't want her to worry mom and dad. But yes I do! Then the cops will be looking for me! Maybe I can be found!

"I know why..." stated Norman barely above a whisper. I stared at him until he spoke again. "I know why I'm here."

"Why?" I asked in a flemmy voice.

"It was Nick Ford. He has been having issues with my mother...and me."

"What did you do?"

He started sniffling and soon he was blubbering. "I killed Ms. Watson!"

I felt very unseasy after hearing this. "You killed her?"

"Yes! I did it! I killed her!"

"Why?" my voice became a squeak.

"I don't know! I don't know why! I don't even remember, I just know I did it!"

I couldn't escape Norman at this point. I had to be brave and pray he didn't kill me too. "Norman, what do you mean? Tell me what happened."

It took him a while to say the whole story when he kept having intervals of sniffling and crazy tears. "It was after the dance. Emma was my date but she knew I wanted to be there with Bradley. This made her jealous. Bradley's boyfriend punched me and I started walking home. It was pouring rain and Ms. Watson pulled up in her car. She offered to take me home but she went to her house first. She told me I shouldn't tell anyone about her picking me up. Well then she went into her bedroom and undressed in front of the mirror. She wanted me to see her. She wanted to have sex with me. I felt it. But all I remember is running home. But then I noticed I had her pearls before I found out she was murdered. When I went to the graveyard to visit her, I saw this man. I took his picture and it was Nick Ford." He turned his head to look at me. "Her dad."

My mind was racing. I had so many thoughts as he was telling me the story. Bradley bitch. I don't know what Emma sees in this guy. Good! You deserve to be punched! Ok. What the? Slut! Oh shit....

"How did he find out though?" I asked.

Norman shrugged and looked at the ceiling of the box. "I don't know. I think he found out. Or just guessed. Maybe he doesn't know. Maybe he's just using me as leverage for Mother." He looked back at me. "And you for Dylan."

"Who else knows?" I asked in a firm voice.

"I don't know. I think Mother suspects me but she hasn't said much about it. Please don't tell."

"Norman, I don't know if I can keep this a secret. You murdered your teacher. How can I live with that? Knowing and not telling the police?"

Norman started bawling and snot came dribbling out of his nose. He shook while he sobbed, begging, "Please...please..."