Pro/Con

The next day was bright and sunny but summer was coming to a close and fall was approaching. You could sense it, and last night while Declan and I were sitting outside, it was chillier than usual.

I grabbed my notebook that I bought in White Pine Bay, a pen, my phone, and a blanket. I walked out towards the pasture to the spot Hannah and I had our picnic. I spread the blanket out on the ground and layed on my stomach. I took a few deep breaths, collecting my thoughts. I opened the notebook to a fresh page and wrote at the top "Moving to White Pine Bay: PRO"

I started writing in a bullet formation:

DYLAN (obviously)

Cool town (when not feeling scared for my life)

Be close to Emma (if me and her ever get back on the same page again)

Work with Dylan (If I decided to go that route)

Moving To White Pine Bay: CON

Dangerous town/people

Dangerous job (Dylan's anyways, and mine if I were to work with him)

Norman's a killer

Far away from parents and friends

Job?

Ok. Not a bad list, but the cons are really big cons. My heart ached from not being with Dylan. I missed him so much. I wanted us to have a normal relationship for one second without one of us being six hours apart.

I thought about the list a while longer, swaying towards going to be with Dylan. I layed on my back and watched the clouds. My phone started buzzing. I didn't know the number but I answered. "Hello?"

"Hi, is this Ginny?"

"Yes..."

It was the woman I had spoken to in the interview. My stomach flipped and my palms became sweaty. I kept thinking 'ohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh.' And then she threw a curveball with, "We have decided to go with someone a little more qualified but we will most definitely keep your information on file!"

I thanked her for her time and hung up. So I didn't get the job. Was this fate? I felt...relieved. I marked out 'job' on my con list. Wow, this was getting real. I might actually be moving to White Pine Bay to be with the most awesome guy. I wanted nothing more than to be with him and I could picture myself being his wife...

But then it hit me.

I started feeling sick to my stomach. I felt horrible for even thinking this, but....

I've never really fantasized about being a mother, but would we even be able to have children together? If we wanted to, that is. I mean Dylan is a child of incest. Would that be wrong of us to produce? Would there be birth defects? I can't stand to think like this. Poor Dylan, bless his heart. I think I would be fine without kids; I never decided if I wanted them, but what if he wanted to become a dad? I guess we would cross that bridge when we get there.

I FaceTimed Dylan. I was kind of scared he wouln't answer, but he did. He was in his office at work. Ugh, he's so good looking, I don't deserve him. "Hey stranger," he flashed a smile.

"Hey. Dylan, I'm sorry." I heaved a big sigh.

"So tell me what was going on," he said.

"I saw an old friend at Denny's so me and Hannah decided to hang out with him and his friend. We played Black Ops and talked."

"Ok and what about Emma?"

"I guess we aren't talking right now. She likes you."

"Well that sucks for her. I'm not into her."

"Are you mad at me?"

"No," he scratched his head. "Should I be?"

I shrugged. "I gotta tell you something." Sometimes I was too honest. "Emma is mad at me because she thinks I'm stringing you along. And one of the guys I was with, I had a crush on for a long time. I still kinda do, but not really. She was gonna tell you I think."

"Are you only telling me because you didn't want her to tell me first?"

"No. I can't not  tell you something like that. Do you think I'm stringing you along?"

He sat back in his chair with his free arm behind his head. "I'm just waiting for an answer."

"Well I didn't get that job."

He leaned up, a little too excited. "You didn't?"

"Well don't act so happy about it!" I giggled and he did too.

"What are you waiting for? Get your cute little ass over here!" He seemed so happy and my mood lifted. Suddenly I felt a rush at the idea of trying this. I even felt ok with his business plan. This feeling of moving was out of the blue and happening so fast!

"I love you," I gushed.

"I love you too, sweetheart." He beamed at me for a moment before someone's voice caught his attention. He turned his head and spoke to a coworker. I waited patiently, then finally, "Hey babe, I gotta go. I'll talk to you later."

"Ok," I said. "Love you."

He rose from his chair. "Love you beautiful."