Caleb

It was Friday morning. Hmmm, I wondered as I stretched. I wonder what I will be doing today.

"Do you work today?" I asked Emma.

"No, but I have to go pick up my check."

"I'll go with you."

"You know Norman will be there, right?"

"Yeah, well Dylan probably will be too! Plus I almost feel as if I should apologize to Norman so he doesn't kill me."

Emma laughed but I was almost serious. I texted Dylan and asked him what he was doing today and if he would be at the motel. And he would!

We arrived at the motel and went into the office. I waited for Dylan to come from the house. We entered and there was Norman, looking pale. "Ginny, Emma, I wanted to apologize for saying what I said last night. I say things before I think them through. I'm not mad at you for yelling at me. You were telling the truth."

Hmm. Yeah I was. I didn't say anything, I just nodded, showing him I understood and we didn't need to speak further about it.

I watched out the window. Dylan was approaching so I opened the office door to meet him in the gravel. As I was striding towards him, some junk truck pulled up and a guy got out. He walked up and I started to feel odd...this man made me uncomfortable...and it was the man who ran into me at the supplies shop.

He started peering around. I wondered what he was looking for. "Hey, I'm lookin for Norma Bates," he stated as he came closer. Ugh, he was so ugly and creepy. Who was this guy?!

Dylan held his coffee cup in his left hand and we glanced at each other. "Ok?" Dylan spat.

"She around?" this man asked. I stood still, unnerved.

Dylan narrowed his eyes at him and slightly shook his head. "No."

"Is she comin back soon?" He looked around again.

Man, this guy was after Norma and I was becoming frightened for her.

"Why?" Dylan asked.

"I'll come back later, maybe she'll be here then." He started to turn around and walk away when Dylan replied, "Yeah and I'll still be here too."

I was so glad Dylan was there, I had goosebumps from this creep. The guy turned around and faced us. "So why don't you just say what you want?" Dylan asked. The guy came closer again and he looked menacing.

"What's the deal here? You her son?" I tensed up, afraid something bad was going to happen. I took a step closer to Dylan.

Dylan shifted his weight. "Who're you?"

This man seemed almost to be challenging Dylan. "I'm her brother," the man said.

Dylan looked skeptical. "Norma doesn't have a brother."

"Are you sure about that?" the man asked.

"No," Dylan answered.

"She never talked about me to you?"

"Never even mentioned she had a brother."

This was freaking weird. I glanced over and Emma was peering out the window.

"Psh," the man said, shaking his head. "Some things never change," he muttered. He went to turn around again and Dylan stopped him. "Wait. She should be here soon. Come in. You can wait for her there."

I looked at Dylan, pleading with my eyes not to let this happen. I knew it would be ok if I was with him. I mean, I could have went back to the office, but I wanted to be with him. I was almost scared for him. I followed them up to the house and texted Emma what was going on.

We sat down at the kitchen table. "What's your name?" Dylan asked.

"Caleb," the man replied. "So are you her son? And daughter?" He looked at me. I felt my face flush. Dylan eyed me. "Yeah, I'm her son. But she's not."

Caleb looked back and forth at Dylan and I. "She your girlfriend or somethin?"

Dylan leaned forward to show he was in charge. "That's not your concern."

Caleb leaned back in his chair. "Just makin conversation."

Thank goodness Norma came soon. We stayed in the kitchen while we listened to her come in. She had a smile on her face until Caleb stood up and spun around to face her. Norma's smile dropped and all the color from her face disappeared. I knew for sure at that moment that this was not a good situation.

"Norma, man, it's been so long," Caleb swung his arms. "I've thought about this moment so many times, but now that I'm actually lookin at you..."

Norma became short of breath. "You..." she began in a hushed, quiet voice. "You cannot be here."

"No, no, Norma, don't say that," Caleb protested.

Norma shook her head. "You have to leave."

I looked at Dylan but he was staring at the two standing. "What's going on?" he asked.

"Five minutes, just, just five minutes," Caleb put his hands up.

At that moment, so suddenly, Norma heived the groceries she held in her arms to the side so fast and violently I gasped and jumped. She clasped onto Caleb's jacket so hard and yanked him around. She started shoving him towards the door. Dylan and I both jumped up. Caleb was protesting, "Please, Norma, I understand, but don't make me go. Not yet. Please."

Norma opened the door and shrieked "GET OUT!" at him. Caleb looked at us all one last time before he retreated out the door. Norma slammed the door shut behind him and faced us, her chest rising up and down.

Dylan stared at her. "What was that?!" he demanded.

"Don't ever let him back in here," Norma ordered. "Ever."

She walked back into the kitchen and Dylan and I stared at each other in bewilderment. I automatically hurried toward the door to inform Emma and to get away from Norma. Dylan pursued me.