The Things He Did

I nearly jogged to the office door, pushed it open and said "Holy hell," to Emma.

"What happened?" she asked.

"She came in, told him he can't be here and threw her groceries to the ground! And I mean freakin chucked them across the room! Then she screamed at the top of her lungs at him to get out and he left!

Norman had stood up from the back parlor and moved to the front. "Who?" he asked in a monotone voice.

I put up air-quotations. "Caleb."

Norman's eyes glazed over and it's like he wasn't 'there' with us anymore. "C...Caleb?"

"Yeah, why do you know him or somethin?" Dylan butted in.

And with that, Norman took off and tore for the house. If I actually thought about it, I would laugh because the way he ran was hilarious. He almost just let his arms swing behind him. You know who he reminded me of in that moment? Ed, Ed, N Eddy. Whichever one wore the green jacket. The way he runs like an idiot! "MOTHER!" he screamed.

I couldn't help it. I did start to have a fit of giggles. I put my hand up by my mouth to cover it. "What's so funny?' Dylan asked. I could tell he wasn't in the best mood. I shook my head and straightened up. "Nothing," I murmered.

"Oh," Dylan muttered. His mind wasn't really on what I was saying. "Well, I'm gonna go back inside and find out what the hell is going on." He leaned over and kissed me. "I'll call you later," and he headed back to the house.

"Let's go," Emma widened her eyes.

Emma and I decided to go see a movie. I didn't bother texting Dylan because he had other things to think about. The movie didn't start for an hour so we went to the diner to eat. We gossiped about this Caleb fruit and wondered what Dylan was going to tell me when he called.

We saw "Edge of Tomorrow" with Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt. It was a good movie. My phone had buzzed during it so I figured Dylan was calling. I was right; once we got out of the theatre (now after four o' clock) I checked and he texted me to call him and I had a missed call.

"Hey, what'd you find out?" I asked him.

"Well, he is actually my uncle."

"He's fucking creepy! ...No offense."

"Yeah..."

"He's so ugly too...but he freakin reminds me of someone somehow."

"Well, Norma is trying to tell me that he raped her when they were kids."

"What?!"

"She says he was in love with her, that her mom was sick, her dad was abusive, and they only had each other and he raped her all the time." He heived a huge sigh.

"You believe her right?"

"Yeah, I guess. It pisses me off she never bothered to tell me I had an uncle. Bitch."

"Well, if he raped your mom why would you want to know him?"

"I know it's just.....why didn't you answer my call?"

"Me and Emma were at the movies."

"Oh. Well, I hate to ask you because your with Emma...."

"Ask me what?"

"I just feel like I need to see you. I...you know?"

"Yeah, I understand. Hold on."

I muted our conversation and told Emma what was up. She said it was completely ok and I should be with him. "Alright," I said and told Dylan I could see him.

"Can I pick you up?" he asked.

"Yeah."

"Ok see you in a bit."

I hung up and told Emma I felt bad for leaving her. She said she wasn't the type to freak out about it. She undestood. We parked at her house and just waited in her car for him to arrive.