SorryNotSorry

I woke up with eyeliner and mascara melted and dried, making me look like a raccoon. Mom was sitting on the bed already showered. I kind of cried myself to sleep a little last night. Hell, I didn't even change out of my clothes from yesterday.

I wearily checked my phone. I had promised myself late last night that if I had no texts or anything showing Dylan wanted to apologize or even talk to me for that matter, then I was done with him and wouldn't try to contact him again. I held my breath as I pressed the home button. I almost started crying again. Nothing.

I sat up quickly. It was 7:30. "Mom," I said. "I want to go home. Now. I just want to leave and get away from here. I don't even want to stop at Emma's."

"What for?" she asked. "You don't even wanna say goodbye to Emma? Well that's kind of rude, don't ya think?"

I shook my head. "She'll understand. He hasn't tried to text me and I just need to leave."

"Ok, well get dressed or take a shower."

I shook my head vigorously. "No. I just want to go now. I just want to get home."

She gave me a look. "What are you going to do if we stop and eat?"

"Drive thru."

"Well that's not easy for me to eat and drive."

"Ok, I'll go in I don't care! I just want to freaking leave!"

"Alright pack up and I will go check out."

She left the room and I packed in a hurry. I didn't have much to pack. I dug through my suitcase until I found the crescent moon necklace and shoved it into my pocket.

Mom came back shortly, saying that Norman was working. "He said he was sorry we had to leave so soon. Let me pack and we can leave."

I waited for her.

We drug out the suitcases and threw them in the trunk. Mom got in and started up the GPS. I had one last thing left to do. It was early and the sky was still a periwinkle blue. I pulled on my black zip-up hoodie, leaving the hood on my head and yanked the necklace out of my pocket. Dylan's truck was still in the driveway. I unclasped the necklace and wound it around Dylan's mirror, clasping it back and taking one last good look at the necklace and the house. Dylan would probably be coming out soon to go to work.

I had texted Emma and told her I was leaving. She said she wanted to see me and I changed my mind about leaving that second. I told mom and mom stopped at her house for a moment. I wondered if this would be the last time I would see her for a while. I wasn't coming back.

We needed to stop for gas before we got out on the highway. I got out and went in to get a drink. The cashier kept his eyes on me. Maybe it was the black hoodie on my head and the dried coon eyes that made me look suspicious.

I was taking my time browsing the candy when I heard a low "Hey."

I turned my head. You've got to be fucking shitting me.

He held out his hand with the necklace coiled on his palm.

"Why are you here?" I asked Dylan, looking at the necklace but ignoring his gesture to take it.

"I needed to get gas and a coffee before work. Listen, we need to talk."

"Hah!" I rolled my eyes and shoved my hands in my pockets. "I tried to talk to you last night and you blew me off."

"I know. I'm sorry. I'm glad I caught you. You're not leaving are you?"

I ignored him up until I told him "Yes. We are." I widened my eyes at him. I started to walk past him, letting go of the idea of buying anything.

"Ginny, please. I do love you. I was just pissed."

I stopped and spun around to him. "Dylan." I said. "Fuck off." I turned my back to him and walked out to the car. "Let's leave. Hurry." I said to mom and explained to her what happened.