Blue Eyed Beauty

"Ok Norman, I am clocking out for the day."

"Have fun catching up," he said politely.

Emma raised her brows. "Come on," she said and she pulled her oxygen tank behind her (she has CF). I followed her out of the office where she lead me to her orange 'Bug. "Hey should I drop my car off at your house?"

"No, we'll come back. I'll bring Norman some lunch back. I told him I would."

"Emma! Are you going to lunch now?" A pretty blonde-haired, blue-eyed woman in an old-style dress with blue wedges shouted as she approached, coming down the stairs leading up to their house. The house they live in is pretty creepy. Kinda cool, but kinda creepy.

"Yes. Would you like me to bring you anything? I'm bringing something back for Norman."

"Oh no thank you," she said as she walked up to us. "I'm actually meeting Dylan for lunch at the diner."

"Oh that's nice," Emma smiled.

"Yeah," Miss Bates smiled. "We're trying to work on our relationship." She looked at me then back at Emma. "Are you Ginny?"

I smiled. "Yes."

"Well hello, I'm Norma Bates, owner of the motel. Emma has been talking about how excited she is for you to come stay with her." She shook my hand.

"You have beautiful blue eyes," I blurted out, a bit transfixed. It wasn't meant to come out of my mouth.

She seemed taken aback. "Oh, well thank you dear. You're so sweet."

"You say you're meeting Dylan at the diner?" Emma asked.

"Mhm, yes, why? Are you two going there?"

"Yeah, we planned on it."

"Well maybe we can all sit together?"

"I thought you were wanting to talk to Dylan though. We wouldn't want to intrude." Emma stated.

"Well you're right, but it would be awkward for us to sit apart. Besides, maybe it won't be as awkward for me and Dylan to be alone." She looked at me and I'm guessing she could see my slightly curious expression. "We aren't very close. I mean, we're working on it though." She smiled again. She seemed nice but there's something slightly off about her. Like she's sad inside or something. "Would you two like to ride with me? Save you a trip. Oh! And maybe after we can show Ginny some of the shops right next to the diner."

Emma looked at me unsure of what I would want to do, but I smiled at her so she knows its ok. "Yeah, sure, thanks Norma."

We piled into Miss Bate's car and all I could think about is how nervous and excited I was to meet her son. And to sit and talk to strangers. I hope its not awkward.