Holy Moly Are My Eyes Deceiving?

Dylan woke up several minutes after three A.M. He went downstairs with a small packed bag, not sure how long he would be staying away. He took a look at the food Norman packed. It contained lunch items, so he grabbed the lunchbox and headed out the door, deciding he would stop for coffee and a donut at a gas station. With the address in hand that Emma had written out, he typed the information into his GPS and turned the engine on. He made two stops on his way to Ginny's.

***

"Ginny, hey, wake up."

Voices far away chanted my name. They started getting louder and I started speeding towards reality. Suddenly, there was brightness behind my eyelids. They popped open and people were standing over me, casting a shadow in the brightness of the day.

I jolted up, my head spinning and throbbing painfully. I was a little confused as to where I was and why the hell I was laying in the grass with two empty cups and my phone on the ground in front of me. I picked it up and it was fifteen till ten.

It was the same group of people I had shown up at the party with that were standing around me now. They looked like shit which was what I felt like. One of the guys offered me their hand and I gripped it and he yanked me off the ground. I told him thanks and stacked my cups into each other and tossed it into the dying fire pit on our way to the car. I somehow got shotgun and I realized that I couldn't keep my eyes open very good. It felt better to shut them, keeping out light and letting myself have a mini doze-off on the way home. It was basically a straight shot back to my house, and my friend knew the way without me having to tell her.

"Who's that?" my friend asked while pulling into my driveway.

My eyes snapped open and I think I almost had a heart attack. There was a big blue Ford and a blonde-headed guy standing in the driveway by the front door. I couldn't breathe and my heart skipped several beats. I immediately flushed and became sweaty. I couldn't speak right then. It was only after she stopped rolling and stopped the car completely that I managed to mutter a thanks and I got out. I stood there for a moment before very slowly walking up towards the house. I heard the car backing out of the drive and then drive away down the road. I turned my head to look when I knew they were off on their way. Then I turned back to Dylan who was staring at me with his hands in his pockets. He stepped closer and I made my way, covering about half the distance until I couldn't force my legs and feet to go any further.

"Wh..." I began in a breathless whisper, licking my lips and clearing my throat. I began to speak again, this time audible but shaky. "Why are you here?"

Dylan shifted his weight, seeming a little uncomfortable, like he is about to burst. "Why do you think?" he asked loudly. We were still a good distance apart, so he basically hollered it.

I looked down at my shoes and then watched as my eyes became blurry with hot tears. Is this really happening? Is this a mirage? I think I heard him mumble my name but I couldn't be sure. I looked up and Dylan had quickly covered the distance and I almost jumped back, he was right in front of me, wearing that black jacket of his. Before I could say or think anything, he had both hands on either side of my face, kissing me hard. My knees buckled and I almost fell, catching myself last minute (also having Dylan holding me helped me stay up). I kind of melted on the spot I think. I lost all thought at that moment.

And then it started churning in my brain, thoughts regurgitating and spilling over. Thoughts weren't the only thing spilling over...I yanked my face out of his hands and ran a couple steps over to the side of the driveway where no one would look, and I hurled up whatever liquid I put in my system the night before. After hurling, I had remembered how disgusting I probably looked and my breath was probably so freaking rank. And I had remembered how mad he had made me and all the hurt he's caused me over the past month and a half or however long it's been. I furrowed my eyebrows and narrowed my eyes at him. "What do you want?" I asked, feeling silly that of all things to say, I would choose that.

He gave a half smile that was so damned cute my clenched jaw came unhinged a bit. "You're so stubborn and fiesty," he said to the ground. His eyes flicked up to mine. "You're lucky I'm so in love with you." The look he gave me was unlike anything else. My lips broke into a smile and all seemed suddenly forgiven. Not forgotten, and will be discussed shortly, but forgiven at the moment. I fell back into his arms and hugged him. I smelt him and loved his warm and strong embrace. We stood like that for a while. I heard him sniff me. "Hmmm," he said. "Alcohol. Weed. You must have been at one hell of a party," he said playfully while pulling back to meet my eyes. I smiled even though it made me sad that I did what I did last night. When I didn't respond verbally, he asked if we could talk. I nodded my head and led him into the house. "I need a shower first." I pointed to the couch and handed him the remote and retreated to the bathroom to wash up.