My Darling, I Want You So

After we went to the boutique, we headed back to the motel to take Norman his lunch. Then I got in my car and followed Emma back to her house where I proceeded to drop my bags off, talk to Uncle Will for a bit, then we hit the road again in Emma's Bug.

"Want me to show you where Dylan works?" she asked with a mischevious grin.

"Well yeah! I thought you didn't want me to crush on him, so why are you taking me to his work and telling his mom I have a crush on him?!"

"Ok, it's fine if you crush on him, geez. I'm just warning you not to get in a relationship with him. But you don't even live here so I doubt that will happen." I shouted "hey!" and slapped her arm and she apologized. "I can't quite show you the field he patrols because, well, we would probably get shot. But I can show you the boat. Apparently he has an office in there."

"I wonder if he thought I was as cute as I thought he was. Probably not. He didn't act like he wanted to speak to me."

"That's just him. He's sort of quiet and a loner. So am I supposed to put in a good word for you or do you want to see if Norma does that for you?"

We laughed. "I don't know! He probably thinks I'm a freak! I'm already like, obsessed with him."

"Maybe we could go on a double date."

"Wait, with Norman? He doesn't like you like that though."

"So what? It could be fun. We'll see."

The boat wasn't very exciting. It's not like I could go in and see his office. So we left quickly to see more of the town.

That night Emma and I were in her room catching up, showing each other people we dislike on Facebook, listening to music when Taylor Swift's "I Knew You Were Trouble" came in and I could not help but to think about the boy in leather. I smiled to myself.

"NO WAY!" I exclaimed when Emma showed me Bradley Martin's Facebook page. "Norman slept with her?!"

"Yep." Emma rolled her eyes.

"And not you? What the fuck? I wanna kick his scrawny ass. He's a total weirdo Emma, why do you like him?"

She shrugged. "I'm not really sure."

Douche.

Since Emma's place only has two bedrooms, I was sleeping with her. She offered to take the couch but I told her no way, it was fine. She was already asleep but I was laying there awake listening to my iPod. A sad song came on that reminded me of an ex I thought I'd never get over and it put me in a mood. Isn't it so amazing how even if you're happy, if you hear a song that speaks to you, it can make you feel any sort of way. It was "Already Gone" by Kelly Clarkson. The next song that came on was called "The Ghost (You'll Never Know)" by To Paint The Sky and naturally, all I could think about was Dylan. Geez, what was up with him? What was up with me! I felt so drawn to him, it was kind of pathetic.

"Ever since I saw you

my eyes drew straight,

then I fell fast for you

you stole these words right from me

ever letter dropped is hard to breathe

is there anything I can do, prove myself to you

I wish I could take every glance you shot me and every dream that I believe,

put them underground

but they run on and on and on and on again

ohhhhh oh my darling I want you so

you take my breath away,

you walk right through me,

you take my breath away,

you walk right through me,

If it's only me and you,

and there's nothing I can say, cuz you don't even know I exist

Is there nothing I can't do to bind myself to you

I'm just the ghost you'll never know

you take my breath away,

you walk right through me,

you take my breath away,

you walk right through me,

I feel so numb

you take my breath away

you walk right through me,

you take my breath away,

you walk right through me,

I am just the ghost you'll never know

you take my breath away

I'm just the ghost you'll never know"