What an un-nice surprise

First stop was Emma's. We walked into the antique shop and Emma was leaning against a table talking to Uncle Will. They looked in our direction and was very shocked to see us again so soon. "What are you guys doing here?" she asked with a big hug. I told her I needed to see Dylan and just see what happens.

Mom drove us to the motel where we were going to stay. Uncle Will's house would have been free but there really wasn't any room for both of us. Plus, we didn't even know how long we were staying. It was all up in the air .

Norma and Norman were very surprised to see us as well. I wanted to dive right into seeing Dylan, so I asked Norman where he was. Norman told me he was at work. I knew where that was. On the dock. Emma drove by it when I stayed here.

Mom told me to please be careful as she hugged and kissed me. I got in my car and headed for the dock. I was so nervous. I didn't even know what was going to happen.

I parked and walked up to the building. I was so unsure of what to do. I didn't want to call or text him, but I guess I was going to have to. I reached for my phone and I cursed myself, realizing that I had left it on the freaking dresser in the hotel. Ok. New plan. I knocked on the door. I felt like an idiot, but whatever. I was so excited to see Dylan.

I stood there for an uncomfortable amount of time before knocking again. I was ready to turn back but I stood my ground. I could hear muffled noises going on inside the building. I just didn't feel like this was the type of place to barge right in, in case you were wondering why I didn't.

I almost gasped when the door opened. Dylan stepped out and my heart raced. But what was going on? His eyebrows were furrowed and he looked angry. He closed the door behind him, so I couldn't see anything inside. "What are you doing here?" he shot.

I was taken aback. "What do you mean? I-"

"You can't be here," he said without really looking me in the eye.

"Dylan, I came to see you I ha-"

"You what, huh? You completely blow me off after I save your life." His voice was raising.

That was kind of a low blow. The part about saving my life. Ugh I don't even want to talk about that whole ordeal again. My immediate reaction was to attack back. "Sorry!" I shout. "I was fucking kidnapped! So sorry if I took time for myself! But it was ok when you totally left me after I told you I loved you?!"

"Well I just found out my uncle is really my dad!" he shouted in a whisper, eyeing his surroundings to make sure there were no listening ears other than mine.

I really didn't know what was worse. Probably his situation. Yes, definitely his situation. He lowered his voice. "Maybe we can talk later, but I'm working right now and you shouldn't be here." He only met my eyes for a second.

I think I mumbled an ok and stormed off to my car. I think I almost slipped on the dock. I don't know. What I did know was that I felt like an idiot. Tears bursted out of my eyes as I tore off towards the motel.

Mom wasn't in the room. I assumed she was having a chat with Norma at the house. I slammed my car door and ran toward the room. "Ginny? Hey," Emma shouted, seeing me in this state and rushing from the office. I grabbed for the doorknob and realized mom had the key. Emma took out the jangling set of keys from her pocket and unlocked the door for me first before asking quesitons. She followed me inside.