Awkward feelings, creepy people

I was secretly hoping to go a little further when naturally, Dylan's phone started buzzing (oddly against my leg.)

"Fuck," he muttered and took himself off of me. He stood up and put the phone to his ear impatiently. "What?" he said in an annoyed tone.

I watched his beautiful face expressions as he listened and I could tell he was going to have to leave me. And I was right.

He hung up the phone and heaved a big sigh. "They need me at work for something. I don't know how long it will take." He reached his hand out to me and helped me up. "I'm sorry. If I don't take long do you want to meet up again?"

I shrugged. "Sure I guess, if it doesn't take too long. But it probably will." (Such a pessimist, I am).

So basically, he thought I was saying no because he looked bummed out. "Well," he began, "Let's pick this up." We picked up and blanket and leftover food, and placed it all in the basket.

He held my hand back to the truck and opened the door for me. When he got in the truck and turned on the engine, he asked, "So how long is too long?"

I shrugged again. "Ummm.....like two hours? I don't know. I don't want to leave Emma out."

"So you want to bring Emma on our date next time?" he asked. He sounded a teensy smart-assy.

"I am staying with her you know. I came to see her it's rude if I never even hang out with her."

He nodded his head. "How long are you staying by the way?"

I looked down. Now I was bummed out at the thought of leaving. "I don't know. It just depends."

"On what?" he asked.

"On...." I was debating saying it. "If you want me to stay."

In that instant, he looked over at me with this hint of a grin. "Ok," he started, "So if I did want you to stay, how long would you stay for? I mean, is it so we can go on a few more dates or what?"

Great, I thought. I shouldn't have even said anything. Now I look like a complete imbecile. I shrugged once more. "I don't know. Nevermind."

"Why are you saying nevermind? I just want to know what you mean."

I was starting to get aggitated. Was it not obvious I effing liked him? I thought he liked me but apparently not that much. "I thought we were hitting it off, nevermind!" I said snobbishly.

"We are hitting it off. I just wanted to hear you say that."

"Why?" I narrowed my eyes when I asked.

This time he shrugged. "I just like to hear you say that you like me."

Thank goodness he was pulling up at Emma's house. I was done with this conversation! I hurried up and unbuckled my seatbelt. He had barely stopped the truck when I had my hand on the handle opening the door. "Thanks for the picnic," I mustered a smile and hopped out of the truck and hurried around to the sidewalk.

"Hey!" he shouted at me. I had tried to hurry past him. I stopped and looked at him, arms crossed, wanting to hide. "I didn't mean to make you mad," he said.

"You didn't," I lied. I faked a smile and walked away from his truck.

I walked into Emma's room and walked right back out. I wanted to write down the events happening in my life, so I grabbed my keys and hopped in my car to drive to the supplies shop for a journal.

I had to park around the corner from the shop. I went in and picked out a purple/yellow chevron journal, paid and walked out the store five minutes later. As I rounded the corner someone ran right into me!