(12)

unrevised.
/ chapter 12 /

The girl winced as a foot continuously slammed into her stomach. She hugged her body to protect herself from the young man who decided to throw a fit for a reason she couldn't think of.

"That Kana b*tch! How dare she think she can just marry her way into the family like that! She can't even break the curse!" The perpetrator, Akito, yelled in anger.

"A-Akito.. please.." The bluenette cried. She had been in pain for the last half an hour and her body was about to break.

She didn't understand why Akito was so angry. She hadn't done anything wrong. Prior to this, she was just in her room reading a book when the God had suddenly barged into her room.

Having been paid an unexpected visit, she didn't know what to say or do, but she could sense he was angry. Very angry.

After one last kick to her stomach, he was satisfied. He tilted his head back and panted. Beads of sweat was formed on his forehead and some strands of his hair stuck to his face. An expression of ecstasy filled his face and Ichika couldn't help but stare weakly in fear.

"Taking it out on you is the best, Ichika. I feel so much better," He stated without an ounce of remorse.

This was nothing new to her. Akito would always find a way to hurt her, whether it be mentally, emotionally or physically. Anything that made him angry, he would come straight to her as if she was his punching bag.

"No! Nee-san!" She heard her brother cry from the other side of the door. But she knew her parents were holding him back.

This was just another one of Akito's episodes, yet her parents never did anything about it. They stood on the sidelines and tried to keep Ruki away from seeing her in such a state.

They always avoided getting involved.

"Ichika?"

Hatori's voice snapped her out of her trance. She blinked a few times before she met his eyes. It had only occurred to her that he was standing directly in front of her now. She didn't even hear the door open.

"Are you alright?" He asked, reaching a hand towards her.

The bluenette flinched away before Hatori's movement faltered. He pulled his hand away and dropped it to his side. The expression on his face instantly made her feel guilty. He seemed sad, but it was gone within a split second and was replaced by his usual stoic expression.

She hadn't mean to flinch away from his touch like that. Old memories resurfaced in her head and had made her anxious.

"My apologies. I didn't mean to frighten you," stated Hatori.

Ichika shook her head. "Please don't apologise. I.. I just.. had some thoughts in my head." She assured before quickly changing the subject before he could ask of it. "Did Shigure-san go home?"

"Yes, I told him to go home. I'm not particularly in the mood to deal with him."

Ichika bit her lip to his response. She debated as to whether or not she should ask about what she overheard. She was curious about many things between Hatori and Shigure's interaction not too long ago, but there was one thing about it that bothered her the most.