(17)

unrevised.
/ chapter 17 /

Ichika swallowed thickly as Akito stepped closer to her. From her peripheral vision, she could see Tohru's big brown eyes looking at the both of them nervously. Maybe she heard from the others what Akito is truly like. Would he scream at her? Hurt her? That was what Tohru was probably thinking.

But it was fine..

As long he didn't touch Tohru. That was all that mattered to her.

"Hello, Ichika." Akito greeted, his smooth feminine-like voice uttering her name and his eyes looking down at her like he always did.

Akito stood slightly taller than her, standing at 5'5 whereas she was smaller than him by a tad bit.

"H-Hello, Akito.." She hesitated to reply.

The God side glanced Tohru with a knowing look before glancing back at Ichika. She visibly tensed at the action.

Akito's face plastered with a fake smile as Ichika silently begged for him to leave her friend alone.

He then leaned forward wrapped his arms around her body, which caused her to stiffen even more. He rested his chin on her shoulder and squeezed her tightly. Almost painfully.

"I've missed you, Ichika." He stated.

The bluenette grew pallid. She was frozen on the spot and didn't know what to do or what to think. She wanted to scream, to push him away and run as far away as she could from him, but she couldn't. Not when Tohru was there. She knew Akito would take advantage of her vulnerability.

"Why are you here?" Ichika queried him.

She felt him tense before he pulled back from her but still kept his hands on her. He knew immediately what she meant as he glanced over to Tohru and looked her up and down.

"No reason. I was just saying hello—" He answered, before leaning closer to her ear and whispered, "— to your friend."

He spat the word friend out like venom as the feeling of disgust almost swarmed his face, almost slipping up his kind facade.

"More importantly, Ichika," He placed a hand on her face, and the fingernail of his thumb grazed the skin on her cheek. "Why did you guys skip our New Years celebration? Why didn't you, nor Yuki, show up at all? And when I've become so generous lately, too, letting you stay at Shigure's knowing full well the kind of monster you are."

Her eyes watered as she silently listened to his words.

Both Yuki and her had decided to miss out on the annual Sohma celebration for New Years. Yuki had his personal reasons, and Ichika didn't want to relapse. She was happier staying at home and celebrating with just Tohru, Kyo and Yuki.

Because for the first time ever, she didn't need to feel alert or uncomfortable. She would rather stay by Tohru's side, who had been nothing but kind to her since the first day they met. Going back to the Estate would make her condition worse than it already is.

"Do I have to hurt you to reeducate you, Ichika? You know I hate hurting you. I would hate for it to come to that point." He lied into her ear.

Akito's version of educating wasn't normal. It wasn't gentle. It was punishment and hell. Sometimes the result would leave her being unable to make out a few sentences or even respond properly to anyone who spoke to her. Her head would go into shock, and she would just sit there and stare at nothing but the floor for days on end until the effect stops by itself.