(28)

unrevised.
/ chapter 28 /

*Ding-Ding!*

"Thank you for shopping with us! Have a nice day!" The employee beamed a smile for the last time before Ichika had left through the door.

"Ah! Hatori-san!" Exclaimed Ichika, almost bumping into the male Dragon who had been patiently waiting just outside the store.

"All done?" He asked her, tucking his hands into the pockets of his trench coat.

She nodded shyly and lifted the bag for him to see, before passing back his card.

Much to Ichika's luck, after browsing for some time, she had finally found a small section of the store that sold normal and comfortable sleepwear. She'd only purchased two pairs of silk pyjamas as she felt guilty for using Hatori's card.

"It's alright to spend a little more, you know. I gave you my card so you could get several things in there."

Ichika shook her head. "I-I feel bad. It's your money.."

Hatori raised his brows before his eyes softened at her. He placed a hand on her head and gently pat it.

"It's fine. I'll just make sure you get more things in the next round." He replied.

"The next round..?" She looked at him bewildered.

Without adding more to it, Hatori lead the way, but making sure he walked slowly so she'd be able to keep up with him. Ichika walked beside him this time so she wouldn't lose track of him like she almost had before.

They walked in a comfortable silence and she took in as much of the town as she could, seeing all the interesting looking stores and different looking people who passed by them. Then her eyes landed on a pair of teenage girls dressed in their school uniform, giggling and chatting excitedly with each other. It reminded her of the familiar scenes she saw when she stopped by Tohru's school. How happy and free those kids looked with their friends, which was completely different from how her school life was.

The fact that she was homeschooled prevented her from having the experience of a normal high school life. Akito and her parents had never allowed it.

Her eyes shifted to now a group of people standing in the corner of the street by a store. It was a mix with older female and male genders, who were speaking to themselves. In their hands, they carried folders and large texts books, and each carried their own bag. Ichika assumed they were college students. What she would be classified if she actually had the opportunity to attend college.

Not wanting to dampen her own mood, she shifted her gaze elsewhere. That's when she noticed that Hatori had disappeared and she stopped in her tracks with a frantic look. She could have sworn he was just right beside her. How could she lose sight of him so easily? Had she walked too far ahead of him?

But before panic could arise within her, Hatori finally appeared in her sight from out of the corner of her eyes and she sighed in relief. In his hands he held a cone with some dessert-looking thing inside of it.

She looked at it confused as he came to as stop in front of her.

He then offered it to her. "Had these before?"

She shook her head and carefully took it in her hands, staring at it in awe as she could finally see it up close. It was a thin layer of batter that was stuffed with cream and strawberries and folded into the cone. She'd never seen anything like this before.

"It's a crepe. I saw the vendor over there were selling some and I figured it'd be something you'd like. Try it." He urged.

Ichika blinked and stared down at the crepe for a moment. She then slowly took a bite from it and chewed hesitantly. After a few chews, her eyes lit up as she quickly went in for more happily. It was sweet and creamy and a rather light dessert.