(59) FINALE

unrevised.
/ chapter 59 /

*Clack*

She glanced up to see Hatori place a teacup of tea on the table for her and she smiled to thank him.

Who is it? The Doctor mouthed to her as he slid off his coat to make himself comfortable before sitting down across from her.

Shigure-nii. She mouthed back before returning to the call.

Ichika recently heard that Akito had visited Tohru just a couple days before she was discharged. The thought alone unsettled her, having her think maybe Akito approached her again to torment her, but according to Hatori, the two had a very calm and deep conversation, and even shared a few smiles.

"Ne, Ichika-chan. Akito's been asking for you again." Shigure's masculine voice sounded through the phone.

"I see.." She exhaled softly, taking a sip from her teacup. "I'll meet Akito."

"Wait, really? Are you sure about this? You don't have to push yourself to, you know."

Ichika shook her head and kept her thoughtful gaze on the tea cup in her palm, watching the herbal liquid swirl from the motion of her hands.

"Thank you for being worried for me, Shigure-nii, since I've been... y'know... avoiding seeing Akito again. But I've been doing some thinking lately and it's time we talk. Properly."

She could hear him sigh over the phone but nonetheless, acknowledged her feelings. "Alright, if that's how you feel then I won't stop you."

When she reached the front porch, she was immediately greeted by a familiar Head Maid. As per usual, her hands were gracefully clasped in front of her as she made a bow before glancing at the the blue-haired girl with a look of disapproval on her face.

This time around, Ichika wasn't so surprised. There was no need for her to cower away like she had done before. The Head Maid, Sawa, will always look at her like this. It was hard to change close-minded, traditional people.

Instead of looking away, the blue-haired Sohma kept her gaze steadily at her. It's okay. There's no need to be intimidated. Just stay strong.

"Ichika-sama, greetings. The Head is waiting in her room," Sawa said.

Ichika blinked. Her? Despite being unsure whether Sawa was meant to say that, or if it was a mistake, she quickly pushed her thoughts aside as Sawa lead her through the halls silently.

If she had to be honest, walking in these very halls towards her destination left a slight bitter taste in her mouth as memories arose of having her head spit open by a thrown vase. It was so very long ago. Who knew she would be walking in the main building for a different reason this time?

Ichika did her best to ignore the tension Sawa was creating by glancing behind her with a glare as she lead the Sohma.

Sawa's steps ceased as she stopped in front of a paper door.

"Akito-sama, I have brought her," Sawa called.

There was a delayed response but finally she could hear the voice inside acknowledge them.

She slid the door open and gestured for Ichika to enter. The door slid closed behind her as Ichika took glanced around the empty room. Then her eyes landed on a figure by the wooden porch. With a deep breath in, Ichika pushed her legs to move.