(19)

unrevised.
/ chapter 19 /

The Doctor got off the phone with sigh.

He rubbed his tired eyes before he reached down into his pocket and pulled out a pack of his cigarettes.

Walking over to the other side of the room, he slid open the door to his porch before he leaned his side against it. He held a cig between his lips and cupped his hand, flicking the lighter several times for the small flame to finally burn onto the butt of the cigarette.

With a deep inhale, he felt the gush of smoke travel into his lungs before he blew them out.

He had been smoking more than usual lately that he was sure he was going to die of cancer eventually. It was ironic, being that he was a doctor who took care of others' health but his own.

He couldn't help it though.

He was under constant stress, and smoking helped him cope.

"When are you going to visit us, Haa-san? I've missed you soooooo muchhhh!~" Shigure's playful voice was heard over the phone.

"Never say that again." Hatori stated coldly. He shuddered.

"Just kidding~" His friend laughed cheekily. "So when are you going to come and see her?"

The Dragon froze in his spot and blinked.

"Oh come now, Haa-san, you didn't actually think you could just leave her here and not expect her to ask about you."

Hatori glanced at the blue card that sat neatly on his desk and an image of her immediately appeared in his head.

He sighed and scratched the back of his head. "You know why I haven't been able to."

There was a moment of silence over the phone.

"..Yea." Shigure answered.

His voice had a hint of anger to it and no matter how subtle it was, Hatori could tell. The anger wasn't directed at Akito.

It was directed at him.

Because Shigure was a jealous man.

"Hatori-sama!" A maid came bursting into his room, pallid and a fresh cut had formed on her cheek. "He's lost control again!"

"Lead me to him." He calmly responded.

Doing as she was told, the maid lead him from his safe space and into one of hell.

She turned to a right corner and he was on his heels. When she slid the door open to one of the rooms, he stepped in before her seeing as she was not able to.

She was too scared to.

This was something he was used to. The chaos. The destruction.

Broken items scattered the floor and bookshelves and tables were flipped over. It was a mess. As Hatori stepped over to the perpetrator, he had a glimpse of broken shards of a mirror on the floor. His reflection mirrored among the glass as dark memories drew themselves back into his mind. It stung his left eye.

Although Hatori could not physically voice it, he internally wished not to be here.

"I hate this! I hate this! I haTE THIS!" Akito roared with anger, as he ripped the papers out of a book he was holding before throwing it roughly to the side, almost hitting one of the servants.

Kureno was on the ground, holding his bloodied nose that Akito must have knocked into in his fit of rage.

When Akito realised Hatori had come, he stopped in his tracks. Turning to him with a bright smile, he greeted him. "Hatori! There you are! My Hatori.."