(55)

unrevised.
OST for the chapter: Fragments of the Last Will by Akira Kosemura.

/ chapter 55 /

"Where are we going exactly...?" The blue-haired Sohma uttered as she looked around in concern. They had been walking around for some time now and she was worried they were lost.

Hatori glanced behind him with a relaxed smile. "We're almost there," He stated calmly.

Before she knew it, the sound of children's laughter reached her ears and that was when she found herself in the corner of a park. Even at this time, there were a few parents out and about with their kids in the playground. The park was well lit with many street lamps.

Her eyes lit up with curiosity and slight excitement when a small truck came into view. It was quite unique, seeing as though half of it is connected to a cart. It was its own food stand with a couple of people already sitting at their stools, slurping on their large bowls.

The savoury smell exuding from the food truck had her almost dribbling.

"Is that you, Hatori?!" An older, burly man who had been standing behind the counter had to do a double take as if he couldn't believe his eyes.

"It's been a while, Takahashi-san." It was the first time ever hearing Hatori speak so fondly.

The man, Takahashi, had a grin that spread widely on his face. He quickly left the counter and rushed over to Hatori. Then he pulled him into a big hug, glomping him in the process. Ichika could finally see the man up close. The wrinkles in the corner of his eyes showed him to be around 40-50 years old. He was a giant compared to her and had a rugged, rough look. As intimidating as he looked, his energetic and joyous face and the way he expressed himself said otherwise.

After a few seconds, Takahashi let Hatori go and pat his back.

"You don't visit me anymore, ya brat!" Takahashi exaggerated the disappointed expression on his face. "How are Shigure and Ayame?"

"They're same old. Still annoying. Put the two of them in the same room and your life will be cut short." Hatori responded as he shook his head with a small smile on his face.

"You gotta love 'em!" Takahashi roared with laughter. "Tell them to come down here again, won't you? It's been too long!"

Hatori nodded, "Will do."

"Now, let's address who the lovely lady is," Takahashi turned his brown eyes to the smaller female with blue hair who nervously looked at him. He turned to eye Hatori with a mischievous smirk on his face and wiggled his thick eyebrows while the male Dragon brought a fist to his lips and cleared his throat.

Making eye contact with Ichika, Hatori wrapped his arm around her back and gently pulled her closer and forward to the two.

"This is..." Hatori started.

Takahashi's smirk grew, wanting to tease the younger man. "Your...?"

Hatori could feel his ears growing hot. He was never the type to be so nervous, especially when it came to introducing his lover to someone he knew because he never had to do that with Kana in the past as their relationship was mainly a secret. However with Ichika, there was no wall or anything holding him back from needing to hide the fact that they were together. With that fact, there was no heavy burden on his shoulders, but that didn't mean he wouldn't be so flustered about it and Takahashi's knowing smirk and teasing wasn't helping at all.

"My lover, my partner." He stated, fondly looking over at her.  "This is Ichika."

"It's very nice to meet you." Ichika took the introduction as a proper sign to greet him with a smile on her face and a strong voice despite her nervousness.