(15)

unrevised.

/ chapter 15 /

The dark-haired man let out a puff of smoke into the air as he gazed out of his porch. The sounds of the rushing body of water could be heard as it flowed in and about the bamboo water fountain. The bright sun was high in the sky. It was warm.

In his hand, he gently held a blue card and had probably read the neatly-written context in it for over a thousand times.

A while from where the man lived, a bright-coloured girl stared up at the branches of a tree. The tree blossomed with hues of red and pink. The petals were fragile, delicate, and parted multiple of times from its bud. There, she was surrounded by flying petals. Some scattered the floor, others caught their way into her long azure locks.

It was the start of spring.

"Ichika-chan!~" A boy called for her from the distance.

The girl tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear as a small gush of wind passed her. She slowly turned around and the corner of her pink heart-shaped lips curved upwards.

The small frame of the boy ran to her. When he finally reached her, he quickly leapt in for a hug. His skinny arms hugging her waist as he cried into her stomach.

"Momiji?" The girl, Ichika, started. She patted his head, slightly brushing his messy blonde hair back in place. "What's wrong?"

He hiccupped as he tilted his head and finally looked up at her. His big golden eyes were teary and snot came out from his nose.

"Kyo-kun keeps picking on me!"

Ichika blinked at his response as she lifted her gaze from him to see a tall figure running towards them in full speed. She immediately knew who that was. That bright-orange coloured hair was rare after all.

Momiji quickly hid behind the girl's back. When the tall figure stopped in from of them with a huff, a tick mark appeared on his face. Hitting his fist into his palm, he slowly inched towards the blonde boy as a fiery rage of anger surged from him.

"Mo..mi..ji." The orange-haired boy growled out every syllable of Momiji's name, which earned a a squeal for him.

Ichika who was standing in between them, sweatdropped. She didn't want to be caught in the crossfire, being that she was the only wall that separated the two.

"What did you do, Momiji?" She asked.

"I didn't do anything! Kyo-kun's just being a big meanie!" He replied, pouting.

"Liar!" The orange-haired boy named Kyo, shouted darkly. "He kissed Tohru! She was so shocked that she fainted!"

"K-Kissed Tohru..?" Ichika stammered.

"On the cheek!" Momiji explained.

"It was still a kiss!" Kyo argued.

Kyo's eyebrows narrowed as he glared at the small boy who shivered. Ichika looked back and forth to the both of them before inwardly sighing. There was one thing she came to notice about Kyo. After all, he was never honest about his feelings and denied them a lot, so it couldn't be helped that now she could read him like a book.

She turned to face Momiji and bent slightly to his height. He was only three years younger than her but still a growing boy.

"Momiji, did you ask Tohru if you could kiss her?" She mildly questioned.

Momiji bit his lip and after a few moments, he shook his head. Ichika could hear Kyo huff in the background, but she focused her eyes on the boy in front of her.