(18)

unrevised.
/ chapter 18 /

Ichika sat on the grass as she watched Tohru farm her new plants.

It had been a few days since the encounter with Akito and Tohru's first meeting. Since then, Tohru had been more talkative and cheery than usual, and it didn't take Ichika long to realise why she was like that.

Perhaps Tohru wanted to be strong in front of her, even though deep down she was afraid from all that had happened. Maybe this was the effect of processing dark information.

"Are you sure you don't need any help, Tohru?" Ichika wondered.

"I'm fine, Ichika-chan! I'm only seeding the plants before I water them," Tohru assured as she poured a couple seeds into each pit that she made. "But aren't you bored from watching me?"

The bluenette shook her head before leaning her chin into her palm and propping her elbows on her knees.

"I like being around you, so it's not boring."

It was the truth. Tohru's presence calmed her a lot. It was peaceful, dazy and she felt extremely relaxed around her.

Tohru's lips broke into a bright smile. "I like being around you too, Ichika-chan!"

Ichika was almost blinded by how bright she was smiling. She brought her knees to her chest and moved her gaze to the ground as she felt her cheeks warm up.

No one has ever told her that before. It was nice to not be treated as a nuisance, or bad omen, for once.

Was this how Kyo, Yuki and the others felt around Tohru? Like flowers were blooming within them?

"Kyaaa!" Tohru all of a sudden screamed, frightening Ichika as well.

Yuki and Kyo, who were inside the house, bursted out the door and came bolting over to her out of nowhere.

"What is it?!" They both said in unison.

For people who fought a lot, they sure do similar things.

"S-S-S.." Tohru stuttered, trying her best to form a sentence. Her shaking finger pointed over to a direction and the three Sohma's glanced over to see a big bush and something slivering out of it.

Ichika's eyes widened as it slivered over towards her. This time, it was her turn to scream as she rushed to get up from ground to  make a run for it, but before it could get to either girls, Yuki had grabbed a hold of it like it was nothing.

The Rat spirit held it by it's neck and glared down at it harshly as it tried to wiggle out of its grip.

On the other hand, realising what it is, he spat to the side and dug into his pockets with a sigh.

Why were the two boys so calm about it?!

Yuki stomped inside the house with his hand still holding the white snake and the rest followed after him in curiosity of what he was about to do.

"Shigure!" Exclaimed the gray-haired Sohma, as he shoved the snake into Shigure's bewildered face.

"Skin this thing alive and cook it. Right now." Yuki said darkly.

Shigure blinked and adjusted his glasses as his examined the snake closely.

"Eh?" He started. "A-ya?"