(49)

unrevised.
/ chapter 49 /

"Hatori's here," The orange-haired boy commented as he walked passed the bluenette to get a drink from the fridge.

She immediately turned to face him in questioning, her long hair swishing against her lower back along with her movements. "Hatori-san's here? Since when?" She perked up at the sound of his name and halted with a kitchen knife still in her hands.

Kyo gave her a subtle nod. "Since a while ago."

"Kyo-kun, you should have said something!" Tohru scolded.

"I'm sorry, okay! I forgot 'cause I was trying to get rid of the stray cats outside! They've been following me home recently, tsk." He clicked his tongue.

Tohru, who had been standing beside her, looked at her with a cheeky smile. She gently took the knife from Ichika's hand and moved the cutting board towards her.

"I can do the rest, Ichika-chan." She softly voiced before shifting her glanced back and forth between the doorway and Ichika as if to indicate the obvious.

The bluenette looked back at her with guilt arising in her eyes. "But dinner..." She mumbled to her.

It had already been several hours since Ichika and Shigure both arrived home. Seeing the blue-haired Sohma's slightly dampened mood, Tohru suggested the idea that it would be fun if they both cooked dinner together. Chicken Katsu Curry was one of Ichika's favourites.

"Don't worry about it, we're almost done anyway. Just go ahead, Ichika-chan." Tohru gently urged, before resuming the chopping if the carrots.

Ichika was hesitant at first but she soon complied with the brunette's urges and shoos. She untied her brown apron and placed it on the bench on the side. "I'll be quick." Ichika argued and left before Tohru could say anything in return.

The brunette softly exhaled with a small smile on her lips as she watched the retreating back of the blue-haired Sohma before returning back to her cooking.

Ichika patted down her clothing clean and meekly tucked behind a strand of her hair behind her ear. She stood in front of a certain door that led to the living room, and for reasons unknown her body trembled with adrenaline as her pumped rapidly in her chest. Why was she so nervous to see Hatori? No, perhaps nervous was not the right word. She was excited. Is this the usual reaction a person would get upon seeing someone they like or favour?

With a deep breath, she pulled slid open the door in hopes to see the dark-haired Dragon, however the room was completely empty much to her dismay. She blinked in confusion. Didn't Kyo say he was here? She turned her head and looked down the corridor. Not a single person in sight. Yuki was most definitely in his room filling out his school assignments while Kyo was most likely sitting on the roof. Tohru was in the kitchen and Shigure... well he was somewhere nearby as usual.

Ichika shut her eyes and took another deep breath through her nostrils. A familiar scent reached her nose and she allowed her body to move on its own, following after scent. She stopped in her tracks as a small breeze tickled her skin and she finally peered open her eyes. Yet again, she was in front of another door that was slightly ajar. The bluenette slid the back door open and took a step out, her arms immediately hugged her body as a gush of wind rushed passed her, tangling her hair.

A silhouette of a tall man was found leaning against one of the wooden pillars of the house. His arms were crossed as he silently gazed at the full moon high up in the dark sky.

As if sensing her presence, Hatori turned his gaze to meet hers.

"What are you doing out here, Hatori-san?" She asked him.