(22)

unrevised.
/ chapter 22 /

"Wow! It's so beautiful! And so wide!" Ichika heard Tohru gush in excitement as she clapped her hands together and stared through the window of the balcony that lead to lake.

"Are lakes really that beautiful?" The dark-haired man beside her, Hatori, had questioned, gazing simply in the direction the brunette was looking.

"Yes! It's my first time seeing one!"

Ichika smiled at her reply as she kept her gaze down at her luggage, folding her clothes and putting them to the side.

It had been a week since Hatori's drunk night and a lot of minor changes have occurred. One major one being that the Doctor had been visiting Dog Spirit's house more often since that night which so happens to bring Shigure much joy, and secretively Ichika as well.

It was Shigure's idea that they all have a much needed getaway at the Sohma lakeside vacation cabin for the long weekend holiday.

"Are you guys going to remain moody? Such as waste for a bright sunny day like this." Shigure sighed, as he glanced back and forth to the orange-haired and grey-haired boys who stood far away from each other as they could. "Go take Tohru-kun for a walk to the lake if you wanna keep acting like that."

The boys ignored him and stared elsewhere silently as Tohru and Ichika could feel the tension rising.

"Ah! I know! I'll call A-ya to come and lighten the mood!" Shigure gleefully sat up from the couch and made his way to the telephone. Just as touched the base of the telephone, he felt two dark, burning energies standing right behind him.

"Call him and you die." Kyo and Yuki said in unison.

Shigure shivered and sweat in fear as he dropped his shoulders in disappointment as he was quite excited to invite his dear friend, Ayame, here.

In the next moment, Tohru, Kyo and Yuki had settled off on a walk to the lake, leaving Ichika, Hatori and Shigure remaining in the cabin.

"Geez, they should've just gone the first time I asked." Shigure folded his arms as he watched the retreating back of the three figures. He then flickered his gaze over to Hatori and Ichika. "Those two have been a bit sown since yesterd—"

"Do you need help, Ichika?" Hatori's deep voice interrupted his sentence half-way. With a hand in his pocket, he came closer to her to watch her fold her clothes satisfyingly.

Ichika shook her head and smiled slightly. "T-That's alright, Hatori-san. I only have a few pieces of clothing left to fold."

Shigure watched the two's interaction closely with his arms crossed over his chest.

"Geez, I feel like I'm third-wheeling. I think it's time to call A-ya." Shigure sighed dramatically.

Ichika blinked before she looked over to Hatori as if to ask him what Shigure meant by third-wheeling. Hatori pretended not to know and shrugged his shoulders.

Shigure ran off with his phone in his hand, in hopes to make a quick call to Ayame before Kyo and Yuki returned to beat him up.

Then there were two. Ichika and Hatori who were left to themselves.

Ichika offered to make tea as she had finished her folding. She retreated to the kitchen area whilst Hatori had taken a seat on the couch, tapping an email on his phone to send for work.