(16)

unrevised.

/ chapter 16 /

Ichika still wasn't familiar with the outside world since leaving the Estate. It didn't help that her fear of transforming had intensified a lot more. At least she didn't have to worry about bumping into the opposite gender back when she was still living at her old home as she spent most of her time in her room.

Changes were starting, and the biggest improvement she's done is go from Shigure's house to the convenience store, and then back. Now all of a sudden she had to travel all the way to Tohru's school in one go. It was nerve-wracking for her.

She took a deep breath and took a slowly took a step outside of the house. She breathed in the scent of Cherry Blossoms before closing the door shut behind her.

In her hand she held a map that was barely readable as Shigure had badly drawn the directions that led to the school. He was either in a rush to draw it up or he just sucked at drawing. Nonetheless, it did make her giggle and lessen her nerves by a little bit.

In her other hand she held a tote bag that had Tohru's bento box safe within it.

The bluenette tucked a strand of hair behind her ear and finally set out.

She first made her way onto the main road.

It was almost twelve o'clock and Tohru and the others had already started school over three hours ago. She should have left the house earlier if it weren't for her taking so long to work up the courage to.

Ichika glanced down at the map, and tried her best to ignore the feeling of eyes on her as she figured out the map. Her heart was already beating out of her chest. She just needed to focus on the map and avoid the stares of the people whom she passed.

She turned a right corner and came to a stop at the traffic lights. Copying the other people, she patiently waited for the light to turn green before she moved along again, making her way to her destination.

Shigure's house and Tohru's school was about a five to ten minute walk. She spent majority of the time, looking at the ground as she walked. She couldn't meet the eyes of anyone, she was just too nervous. And before she knew it, she somehow successfully made it to the school.

It was quite a large school. There were already students running up and down the courtyard playing with a ball, while some sat in all different areas either talking in little groups or pairs eating their lunch.

She made sure not to linger too long at the front gates as she quickly made her way passed it. She tried her best to blend into the background and away from the students, but it didn't help that her blue hair made her stand out. On top of that, she was becoming self-conscious. Was her attire that awful? But she was only wearing a black knitted sweater and a black midi-skirt with loafers. It was casual, so why were they staring so much?

She could hear the minor whispering among some of the female students and she bit her lip. She didn't know how she felt about that. The scene reminded her too much of the aunties back at the Estate who had been gossiping to themselves behind her back at her Ruki's funeral. It was a horrible feeling.

Ichika thought she had made her escape from them when she entered the school building and looked for the classroom Tohru could be in. But to her dismay, there were even more students in the school. Maybe coming to the school was a bad idea after all.. She thought. But Tohru's bento! She couldn't let her starve!

"Are you looking for someone?" A male student appeared in front of her out of nowhere and asked.

She gasped and almost stumbled back. He gave her a bit of a fright appearing so suddenly like that. She hugged Tohru's bento to herself.