(14)

unrevised.
/ chapter 14 /

"I think this is how you do it.." Ichika tried assuring herself as she copied the lady in the program.

Two hours had passed since Shigure's suggestion and Ichika had been up and about in the kitchen baking. The Dog Spirit sat at the table with his reading glasses and silently read the newspaper as she unintentionally made batches of all different kind of desserts. None of which she was satisfied.

She had made a series of muffins, cookies and even mini cakes and had already gotten flour on her apron and her face.

She popped the last dessert into the oven and waited with a sigh.

"Shigure-san, I'm not sure if he'll like this one," She said disappointedly.

Shigure chuckled from behind his newspaper before inching it down to meet her eyes.

"You said the same thing for the muffins and the cake, Ichika-chan. Of course he'll love the cookies." He reasoned.

"What makes you so sure?" She asked.

With a wink, he answered. "Because you made them."

She looked at him confused. Shigure left no room for questions as he turned back to reading his newspaper and left her to her thoughts. She bit her lip out of habit and took a seat at the same dining table, wondering about Shigure's words.

It doesn't make sense..

She was going to pull her hair out if she thought any further. Standing from her seat, she dusted her self off from the remains of flour and begun to clean up her work area.

After some time, the cookies were finally ready. She carefully took them out of the oven and rested them on a cooling rack to cool down.

After she was done, she gently wrapped them up in a blue wrapping and tied a ribbon to it. Sighing to herself, she gazed at the fresh white chocolate cookies.

She hoped he liked them.

*

*

*

*

"Look, Haa-san! Valentine's chocolates from me!" Shigure gleefully said, lifting up a small bag as he faced a serious looking Hatori.

Hatori immediately slammed the door in his face at the sight of his friend. Shigure stared silently at the door for a few moments.

With a fake cry, he gently slid the door open and timidly peeked his head in.

"I'm sorry, I lied. They're from Ichika-chan."

"Idiot." The Dragon deadpanned in response with an irk mark on his face.

Hatori unwittingly let him inside as the two Sohma's sat down at a coffee table in the clinic.

Pouring some black tea into the tea cups, he offered one to Shigure in which he gratefully took. The Dog spirit took a sip from the tea, feeling the hot liquid slide down his throat before setting the cup aside.

"Ichika made some for Momicchi and Hatsuharu as well, even though she hasn't properly met them. What a nice girl." Shigure mentioned as he fixed his attire. "She evidently planned to bring them here herself, but I offered to do it... especially because of the recent incident."

Hatori tensed and had shut his eyes as he took another sip from the cup. He exhaled slowly.

"How is she?" The Dragon slowly asked.