(46)

unrevised.
/ chapter 46 /

The Doctor folded his arms over his chest and kicked his leg over his knee. He glanced down at his watch, all while tapping his forearm rhythmically with his index finger.

His watch read 1PM on the dot.

It had already been a couple hours since he and Ichika had stumbled upon Rin's imprisonment. Although being a doctor himself, Akito's work on the poor girl's body exceeded his skill set and he knew with Rin's case, she needed immediate help.

Hatori sighed as he stared down at the floor in deep thought. What possibly could have angered Akito so much that he beat her so bad she could barely respond? But then again, no one was an exception to Akito's wrath, and especially Rin.

He tiredly rubbed his face.

"Hatori Sohma?"

He lifted his head up to his name being called. In front of him was a nurse holding a clipboard and a pen. He immediately stood up.

"Yes, that's me." He responded. "How is she?"

"So far we've discovered she's got a broken bone in her arm and very heavy bruising throughout her entire body. It'll take 6 to 8 weeks to recover her arm but for now she'll have to be put in a cast. She'll have to stay at the hospital for a bit so we can see if there's anything internally damaged in her body." Hatori nodded his head in understanding. "She's currently staying in room 305 if you'd like to see her now." The nurse informed.

Hatori thanked the lady, and with that she turned and left. He ran his fingers through his hair before turning on his heel to find an elevator. After a few minutes of walking, he finally found one and patiently waited for the doors to slide open. He then headed into it and punched in the key as the doors slid closed.

Yet again, Hatori was tapping on his forearm rhythmically again.

"You alright?" He reached out to her. He pushed her azure locks out of her face and tucked a strand behind her ear, only to see her navy eyes filled with distress. "Ichika?" He called out to her once again as she didn't reply to him the first time.

He placed his hand upon her cheek and moved her face up to see if her follow up to see him. It did, but it didn't seem like she was looking at him and more so through him.

No, there was something wrong.

"Hey, what's wrong? What's the matter?" He started, but there was no response.

"Excuse me, sir." A man in a blue uniform with a white helmet and face mask interrupted him. He was one of the Paramedics. "We're about to leave. We need you to come with us as an emergency contact."

Hatori nodded firmly before turning back to Ichika with a worried look, torn that he had to leave her in this state as well as concerned for the very injured Rin. He then felt a heavy hand on his shoulder and a presence behind him.

"Go with Rin, Hatori. I'll take care of Ichika." Shigure assured.

Despite the assurance, Hatori still felt uneasy. Nonetheless, he left Ichika in his friend's care but not before giving the younger girl a glance before he left.

Ding!

A bell rung and indicated that he finally reached his floor. He swiftly stepped out and headed right down the hall. He passed by three nurses who eyed him in awe and infatuation but chose to ignore them as he has eyes for no one other than his blunette. Everyone else looked plain and ordinary compared to her.

His stomach twisted into knots. He knew they didn't mean much from their hazes, but he couldn't help but he despise being looked at like that. These people looked at him like they wanted to eat him. Control him in the palm of their hands with lust-filled eyes.