Chapter 2: Average Day in Queens (Peter)

The bustling streets of New York are as they always are. Cars travelling through the streets, some parts in gridlock as drivers beep and curse at each other. Other people walk and jog the streets, bags of shopping or briefcases hanging off their arms as they hurry hurry hurry. Amongst it all, a blur of blue and red reflects off windows and last-nights rain puddles as it flies through the air.

Peter

"Hey, you should watch where you're going!" I shout as a swing around a light pole and kick a guy square in the chest—causing him to fly back and slam against a brick wall I'd just webbed. This gives the three cops that were chasing him the chance to put the man, who'd just stabbed another man in the stomach, in cuffs.

I swing off and land on a fence, watching to ensure the criminal is secured correctly.

"Thank you Spidey!" One yells. I smile under my mask and give a salute to the policemen. They give me waves of gratitude.

"When did Mr. Stark want me to come to the tower next?" I ask Karen, before I turn and shoot a web at a distant building to swing away and continue my patrol.

"Mr Stark had asked you to come to the tower today."

Things have been odd for a while now. Really, ever since I got back from the disastrous trip to Europe and Mr Stark recovered from the coma, things have been different. And for once, it's a good different.
Ugh, its been wild lately. From Thanos to that whole Mysterio fiasco. Thank god we stopped him from releasing my identity. I never should have trusted him.

Anyway, so things have changed! Mr Stark has started to let me come to his lab every now and then. I get to help with upgrades to my Spidey suit, or Karen's database, or even just tinkering with random things laying around! Mr Stark says I have a good eye for this kind of stuff, and when he found out how I make my web fluid in school he decided to let me make my web fluid in the lab instead. (I say 'let', but it's more of a forced situation. He 'insisted'. And you can't say no to Tony Stark when he 'insists').

I can't complain, it's definitely made things way easier for me! I get to mess around with web combinations and density and such without the fear of being caught by the teachers. Hanging out with Mr Stark has been really great! He says it's to keep an eye on me—stop me from doing anything he would and wouldn't do— but I'm starting to think he's enjoying my company. At least I hope he is.

Blinking out of my thoughts as I shoot another web, I take in what Karen had said. "D-Did you say today?!" I shout in horror, doing a flip and changing my swinging arm to avoid some scaffolding as I scan the city for any petty crimes. It seems too early for criminals right now.

"Yes, Peter." Karen answers. I mutter a curse Steve (or 'capsicle' as Mr Stark calls him) wouldn't be happy about. I started my patrol just after school got out, so I think it's fair to say I can call it early— I'll probably even head back out tonight, when more criminals will be active.

"It is currently 5:37 pm and Tony has requested your presence at 6:00 pm." Karen adds.

"6 pm... ok. I think I can make it if I hurry." I mutter*.

———————————————————————————————————
*
So, I looked it up and apparently it's like 8 miles from Midtown to SI which is close enough. And that's like 12 kms (I'm Aussie if you didn't know) so like Peter should be able to get to SI fast enough, I think. Like fifteen minutes maybe if you count the obstacles? Lemme know if you think I'm wrong, I'm willing to accept constructive criticism. Ok, let's continue.

——————————————————————————————————————

"I have highlighted the fastest route to Stark Tower here," Karen informs me, a GPS route popping up in the corner of my vision.
"Thanks, K!" I cheer gratefully, immediately taking off in the direction. Excitement buzzes in me, along with adrenaline of course, as I wonder what lays ahead this time.