Chapter 40: It Happened In Battle (Peter)

Previously:
Peter got overwhelmed momentarily and Toothless saved him, demonstrated something other than distrust for the first time. Peter also met Dagur. The enemy numbers are falling steadily thanks to the Avengers.

You might hate me for this lmfao

Now:

It happens in the middle of the battle.

My spider sense goes off and I duck just in time, avoiding an alien jumping at me. I shoot a web and drag it to me, punching it as hard as I can and moving out of the way when its body drops to the ground. I then drop onto my back and kick both legs into the underside of a robot trying to attack me, launching it over me so that it collides with another robot.

I didn't see it coming.

Not stopping to breathe I roll onto my feet and web an alien in the face and pick up a discarded stop sign, slamming it into the alien quickly to end it, before shooting a web at an alien flying above and dragging it to crash on the ground. I avoid the bullets it fires at me as two other robots join it, and use taser webs to take them all down.

Nobody did.

Mr Stark fires his repulsors down onto the battlefield about a hundred feet away, destroying a handful of aliens that had been scrambling over cars. I web down an alien and punch another until it stops moving. I turn around to pick a new target, just to stop.

It happened so fast.

The aliens and robots in the immediate area all stop, standing still as a flurry of round, colourful lights form in front of me to be vague misshapen spheres floating at eye level.

"What the?" I barely even get the words out of my mouth before the colours converge into one big, blinding ball and launches at me before I can move.

"UNDEROOS!"

The last thing I remember is it hitting me.

Tony's POV

"Boss there is strange activity happening by Peter." FRIDAY informs me after I take care of a bunch of robots. I stop in place and look down for the kid, just to see dangerous looking energy or fireballs heading right for him.
Shit.

"UNDEROOS!" I shout, diving down for him. But the light strikes him, sending him flying through the air until he crashes into a car and falls to the ground. "Shit!" I curse, heading for him. Shit shit shit.

I land in front of him and reach for him, he lays facedown on the ground in front of the car, which has a huge dent in it. I turn him over, my heart in my throat. I'm going to throw up. Please don't be dead please don't be dead.

"Spider-Man is hit!" Cap says over the coms. I ignore all the chatter that follows.

"Scanning." Friday informs me. I shake Pete's shoulder, trying to wake him up.
"No time to be sleeping, kid!" I say, trying to keep the shake out of my voice. I let Friday auto pilot some of the projectiles in the suit to protect us, too focussed on the kid to be laying attention to anything else. No response. "C'mon kid." I hiss, beginning to pull off his mask. If I need to slap him to bring him round, I will.