Chapter 46: Long Awaited Army (Peter)

Previously:

Tony, Bucky, the twins, Wanda and Peter (not entirely lucid) escaped through the large air ducts and made it back outside, where the battle was nearly over. Peter realises Hiccup and Toothless weren't with them and wanted to go back, but the good Dr Strange showed up and magically portal-ed them outside. Peter noticed the change in Hiccup's behaviour pretty much immediately.

Refer to the previous chapter for Hiccup's recollection of the recent events

*Not edited*

Now:

I think it's fair to say that the battle is going into its final, depleting stages. Maybe it's because the evil Dr strange is dead, maybe it's just because the Avengers are awesome, either way, it's got to be a good thing. If we weren't so obviously winning I'd be more inclined to join, but since it's clear we're on the home stretch I don't feel as bad about being (almost) physically incapable of moving. Karen is giving me an update on my health every three minutes, which I know is pretty excessive. I know she's an A.I. but I think she's just happy I'm not dead.

My throat is super sore, and my chest, and I have a headache, but I guess that's what you get from literally dying, and then being choked out by a crazy wizard guy. I can't wait until this is all over, I need a nap.

I stay seated on the ground, watching the battle going on nearby. Wanda is still nearby, so is Mr Stark, but everyone else has branched off to try and take down the last robots and aliens. The twins, for example, are riding on a two headed green dragon over the battle. The head the girl (Ruffnut, I think) rides opens its mouth and lets out a long stream of gas, before the head the boy (Tuffnut, I assume) rides releases a spark, and the gas lights on fire. I give an impressed hum, the explosion taking out about four aliens.

"If the ones on the green dragon are on our side, someone get them a coms." The exasperated voice of Clint says. "It's so tempting to just... shoot them down."
"You're trigger happy with that bow, someone should take it away from you." Natasha responds in a lighthearted tone.
"Well what use would he be to us then?" Mr Stark chimes in and I can hear the smirk.

I see him fly overhead and toss some coms to the twins. The boy tries to eat it but Mr Stark gives him a very exasperated explanation for what they're actually for and mutters some unsanitary words and mentions of brick-wall head-bashing cravings that I only hear because of my hearing.

"Hey! I'll have you know I have more talent then just archery!" Clint objects.
"Oh, do share with the class, legolas."
"...You know what, Stark? You're short."
I gasp dramatically into the coms. "Ohh he went there."

"You know," Wanda speaks up after a while and I look over at her, "I'm surprised you're even sitting up."

"So am I." I half chuckle, half wince. "But there's no time to rest, the battles not over." She gives me a pointed look and I raise my hands in surrender, letting her know I'll stay put. "Staying right here, yeah yeah."

"You're as stubborn as the rest of us, huh."

I shrug. I'm not denying something that's obviously true.

"I remember you in Germany, you stole Steve's shield."

I smirk, not that she can see, remembering how fun it was to tease cap. Even if he did drop an airport terminal on me. "That was awesome. And you were great, too!" I still don't fully understand what the deal with the Germany disaster was about, but I know it had to have been serious enough to divide the Avengers. The accords was obviously the main issue, and they've been reworked, but part of me wishes they'd just sat down and talked about them in the first place because then maybe no one would have had to fight, or be on the run.