Chapter 23: Can I go home yet? (Hiccup)

Previously:

Hiccup is given the opportunity to rebuild Toothless' tail in Tony's lab. He, Tony and Spider-man share a brief discussion about some of Hiccup's inventions, genuinely enjoying each other's company until its interrupted by the one and only Stephen Strange who comes baring bad news.

Refer to the last chapter for Peter's recollection of the recent events.

Now, onto the chapter.

HICCUP'S POV

I try to keep up with the conversation as they talk, coming to the understanding that the storms are bad and that somehow, someone is causing them. Which is completely crazy, if you ask me. They don't know who it is, but it can't be good. That's pretty much all I got out of the conversation apart from the fact that Tony and the other guy, I don't think he ever introduced himself to me, have had some sort of incident in the past and now their every interaction is full of sarcasm and passive aggressive remarks. Their banter reminds me of the twins and Snotlout, just less playful and more angry. I'm eventually able to shout at them to shut them up long enough so we can form some type of plan.

"It's like dealing with the twins," I mutter under my breath as Tony, Spider-man, Toothless and I head out of the lab. "The same attention span."

"Who are they?" Spider-man asks. Again, how the helheim did he hear that???

"Uhh, friends..." I explain awkwardly as we approach the dreaded elevator, "They're very destructive, disruptive, and easily distracted." Not to mention the weird spirals of random information. I mean, c'mon Tuffnut, who freezes milk?!

"Oh cool," Spider-man beams with a childlike innocence. I really do wonder how old he is, though I know it's none of my business. I bet it's hard to taken seriously when all people see is your age. I know what it's like, not being believed, or taken seriously, because people are only taking you at face value. After all, people would take ONE look at me and be like "ah, this is a twig. Can't possibly be Stoick the Vast's spawn.". Like, gee thanks. I know I have noodle arms but that doesn't stop me from making that sword you're carrying.

The elevator doors open and we all shuffle in. It's still a tight fit, but it's not the worst that could happen. If my father was here, it would be a very tight fit. Good thing he's so tall, otherwise he'd probably impale someone with the horns in his helmet.

The doors soon open and we pile out onto the floor I've been staying on. My dad was easy to find in a crowd, yes, whether that be by his voice or his size. Hard to hide from, though, it's like he had a birds eye view. Too bad it took him so long to see past his thick ego and realise the truth about dragons. It quite literally took me nearly dying for him to realise he was wrong. I'm glad he did, though. I'd hate to think about what it could have been like had he not accepted me.

I shake myself out of my thoughts as we amber through to the living space. We're the only ones around, so we take a seat in the living area. There's still tension in the air from Tony and the other guy's argument, so I decide to break the awkward silence.

"So, uh, who was that guy?"

"His name is Stephen Strange," Tony explains. "He's a jerk."

"Oh, okay. And he's the one that might be able to get us home?"

"In theory, yes." Tony nods. "Unfortunately he's all we have."