Chapter 43: All aboard the Clusterfuck that is this chapter (Hiccup)

(Image: you after reading this chapter probably)

Previously:

When I give a confused look he sighs in frustration and continues. "It's been YEARS, Hiccup. The land is in turmoil."

I gape at him, "What do you mean years?"

"I mean years, YEARS. I have sailed every inch of the sea, flown every sky and climbed every mountain in search for you. We all have combed every archipelago in search for you."

"It's not been three days, Hiccup. It's been five years since you two disappeared without a trace."

Refer to the last chapter for Peter's recollection of the recent events

(Not edited)

Now:

I grab a hold of one of spider-man's arms and pull, struggling to try and pull him off the wall. "Tuff, Ruff, come on!" I call, straining against the invisible force keeping spider-man up. If we can just get him off then maybe he'll stop choking? I don't know, I'm just trying to help in anyway I can. Whatever it is, it's being controlled by the so-called Dr Strange hellbent on killing Spider-man. Tuffnut grabs spider-mans feet and Ruffnut tries the other arm. We all tug, but spider man doesn't budge.
"Aw, man!" Tuffnut wines, eventually pulling so hard he loses his balance and topples backwards when one of Toothless' plasma blasts sends the building shaking. I glance back to check on Toothless just in time to see him ensnared by vines thick enough to stop him. For now. Hopefully he can break free.

"Come on, come on." I hiss through my teeth, but my tugging is getting us nowhere and Spider-man is still choking. I think. He can't really move much, only managing to make guttural sounds from his throat. Maybe if I take his mask off he'll be able to breathe?

I go to reach up for it, but a sudden force sends me flying across the room and crashing into a hard wall. I gasp for breath, my side twinging and sending jolts of sharp pains up and down my body. Thank gods I'm wearing my helmet.

"If you know what's good for you, you'll stay down." A voice sneers, and I lift my head up from the ground to see the evil Strange glaring at me. I look around for the twins, seeing them on the ground on the other side of the room, both moving so I know they're ok. I struggle to push myself up, my arm giving out when my side practically screams at me to stop moving.

"Stop!" Tony shouts, still inside his unmoving suit. "Stop, don't do it!"

Strange turns away from Spider-Man and stares down Tony, his look cold and unnervingly calm at the same time.

"I'm doing what has to be done."

"No. You're not. The Strange I know wouldn't ever hurt the kid intentionally, even if he'd never admit it." There's a shake to Tony's voice when he says 'Kid', which tells me just how much he cares for Spider-man.

"I am not your Strange."

"You are no Dr Strange at all, if you think what you're doing is good."

"Its for the good of the multiverse. Spider-man causes too many problems. You don't understand now..." Evil Dr Strange gives a slow smirk. "But you'll thank me later."

Spider-man is completely limp, well as limp as he can be in the suspended condition, no longer struggling or fighting for breath.