Chapter 44: In a vent, Wow Clint should be proud (Peter)

Previously:

Peter ignored warnings to stay put, running off in the battlefield to answer a call for help. However, it was a trap, and he was too out of it to notice. Tony got his location and he, Hiccup, Toothless, Bucky and Wanda went in search for him in a large warehouse/office type building. They ran into the Thorston twins and barf and belch, then into Peter being attacked by evil Strange.

Refer to the previous chapter for Hiccup's recollection of the recent events

Now:

I wish I was conscious the whole time, because then at least I would know what is going on. But no, during the confrontation with the evil dark dr Strange I faded in and out.

Into the feeling of my throat being crushed from the inside, out to blissful unawares.

Into my body suspended against the wall so hard it hurts, out to fever dreams.

I glimpsed voices and people, at one point Mr Stark is there and I'm trying to warn him that this is the guy I tried to tell him about, but that moment passes quickly.

The next thing I know hands are grabbing at my arms and legs, I would be panicking if it weren't for the fact that my windpipes have noped out, because nobody likes people grabbing at them. The next time I fade back in the ground is beneath me and I'm gasping, spluttering, wrenching for breath on my knees. There's a comforting hand on my shoulder, a gauntlet one I recognise as Mr Stark.

"You alright kid?" Mr Stark asks.

"You have gone several minutes without oxygen," Karen informs me gently. "Your advanced healing factor has helped, but you need to understand that you're very weak now, Peter."

I massage my throat gently. "Yeah, I don't feel great." I say, responding to both Karen and Mr Stark at once, because I'm efficient like that.

"Your heart has had a lot of pressure, so be careful to avoid sudden strenuous activities." Karen continues. "Like running off and ignoring advice that would only benefit you."

"Is that—" I pause to cough, "—sass? You sassing me Karen?" I say with a grin.

"Most certainly, Peter." She responds warmly.

"He'll live. We need to get our of here," Mr Stark says, and I realise Hiccup and Toothless are in front of us. Commotion is happening behind them, and I can make out blurry figures fighting each other with magic, I think one is Wanda judging by the red.

"That way." Hiccup points somewhere, I think. I'm not sure; its all getting blurry again.

"Can you stand Spider-man?" Hiccup asks. Ehh, he's annoying at times but he just wants to help everybody and maybe impress MJ. Spider-man's a simp like that. Oh that's me, I'm spider-man. Huh.

"Nope." I say brightly. "I'm fairly certain if I try to do anything my body will give out, my guy. I feel like how Mr Stark must feel in his age."

"Is now the time? Really?" Mr Stark snaps. There's always time for a well-placed joke.

"It's not my fault you're old." I chuckle, but have to stop because of my throat.

"But it is your fault I'm getting grey hairs."

"Guys, guys," Hiccup interrupts me when I open my mouth to say something in response. "It's fine, let's focus. Toothless and I will cover you, get him up into the hole."