New Parent Achievement Unlocked (Peter) [official epilogue]

Refer to the last chapter for Hiccup's official epilogue, Cutting Ties.

Or go back and read the entire story. I won't blame you. Haha jk.

The elevator dings faintly as the doors open in front of me. I walk out to the shared common room, OneRepublic's Something I Need blasting softly from my AirPods. Judging my music taste? Fine, kick a guy while he's down, its not I recently died or anything!

I hum along to the words as I walk down the hallway. The school day and all the stress that came with it already out of my head. I'd decided to take the subway to and from school today, which wasn't too packed thankfully so I had been able to relax for the majority of the trip back (there was, unfortunately, a brief five minutes of having to endure a drunk man's angry rambling).

"With broken worlds I've tried to say
"Honey don't you be afraid
If we got nothing, we got us".

I pause the song and take my AirPods out once I reach the entrance to the lounge room on the shared quarters. "I'm home!" I call out cheerfully. A chorus of cheers ring out in response. I walk into the kitchen, seeing most of the Avengers gathered around. A sight I'm still not used to.

A sight that I now get to see every day, ever since May and I permanently moved into the tower about two weeks after the battle. I'll tell you what, saying goodbye to our apartment had been emotional, we'd had so many years of memories there, but it was all worth it. Moving into the tower means there's always someone around (Tony refers to it as a B&B), so even when May goes to work I'm never lonely. Tony has offered to retire her at least five times in the last week alone, but she still wants to work. I'm very proud of her. But mainly, I get to come home to the Avengers every day!

"Hey Pete!" Bucky smiles at me kindly as I put my AirPods in their case then tuck it into my bag.
"Yess, Peter's finally back." Wanda cheers. "I made you some biscuits, it's been hard to keep the others away." She tossed a glare at Mr Stark/Tony/Dad?, who's sipping coffee from a custom "America's ass" mug. He ignores her.

"Hey, Pete. Good day?" He asks me. I nod, sitting my backpack down by the island.
"Yeah, it was alright." I smile at him as he walks past into the living room. I look around at everyone. Steve and Wanda are cooking; Wanda opens the fridge and hands me a plate of delicious looking cookies before returning to the mixing she is doing, while Steve monitors a frying pan. I take a seat at the barstool and start eating the cookies. Vision is also in the kitchen... washing up? And not short-circuiting??? I guess I shouldn't be surprised.
"These are so good!" I beam, tasting what might just be heaven in my mouth. Wanda waves off my compliment with a smile. I look around to make better note of who's here.

Sam and Bucky are playing cards on the living room floor, I think they're playing go fish? Well they were, Bucky just flipped the deck of cards in anger. Bruce is sipping tea and reading what I assume is the news on a tablet across from Sam and Bucky, but he's on a chair. Over in front of the tv, Natasha and Yelena appear to be kicking Rhodey and Clint's asses at Mario Cart, judging by the latter's complaints. Kate is lying on the floor halfway between the kitchen and living room with arrows spread out in front of her. I think she's labelling them. She sure does lay on the floor a lot. Hiccup is sitting on the ground next to her, intently listening to her as she explains what each arrow does.

Out on the balcony, Thor and Loki are standing side by side. They're not talking, but I feel like they're about to say something really sentimental to each other. Or at least subtly sentimental. Or maybe someone will get stabbed. It's always hard to tell with them.

Pepper, Aunt May, and Mr Stark approach from the lounge room. May has some paper in her hands, a thick stack to be exact.
"It's all signed, Peter." She grins, handing me a page. I put the cookies down so I don't get the paper dirty, and take a good look at the paper curiously.