Chapter 16: Meat Cake (Peter)

Previously:

They brought Hiccup to the priority Medical Bay so he could get his side looked at, Peter reflected on his past experience there and Dr Strange showed up to try and figure out what happened. Spoiler alert: he has no clue.

Refer to the last chapter for Hiccup's recollection of the recent events!

Now:

I leave once we reach the guest room and head up to my room at the penthouse, busting to call MJ and Ned and tell them about everything. I burst into my room dramatically and jump onto the web hammock, taking off my mask and reaching over for my phone—which I'd left on charge.

The hammock had taken some trial and error to develop, because the first time I'd made it I forgot the webs dissolve and ended up face planting at 3 am, but luckily after a few hours in the lab I've managed to develop the solution! They now take a week to dissolve instead of two hours. Much more practical and super comfy, too. I still can't believe I have a room here, and at the Penthouse?! Past me would have laughed at the thought of living in Stark Tower. Well, sort of living. 

I unplug my phone and start a FaceTime with Ned and MJ. They take mere seconds to pick up. Ned appears to be sitting on his bed, while MJ seems to be on her couch, her head buried in a book despite being on the call.

"Peter! You have to tell me— us— everything!" Ned beams excitedly. MJ hums, not looking up.

"Oh, you guys won't believe what happened!" I exclaim.

"Did you get stabbed again?" MJ sighs, her eyes not leaving her book. She's about halfway through by the looks of it.
"No—well, yes—but that's not the point."
"Shot?" Ned asks almost eagerly, visibly sitting up on his bed. I shake my head. Not this time!

"No, so you know that crazy storm?" I ask. "It was pretty bad for a few minutes."
"Yeah I saw that! Can't be normal, right? Or am I overthinking it?" Ned responds.
"Yeah!" I respond, then start to ramble. "Well I was patrolling near Central Park right, just keeping an eye out, when there was this—this really big lightning! Like, it was so bright dude. You won't believe what happened."

"Something caught on fire?" MJ asks, unimpressed.
"No, something fell out of the sky. But if that's not interesting enough I'll hang up—"
"Don't you dare!" She slams her book closed and stares at the screen, challengingly. I snicker, satisfied with her reaction.

"So...what happened?" Ned demands. "What was it?!"
"Well I couldn't see much at first, all I could see was like a large black shape. I shot a net web underneath because it didn't seem like the descent was slowing. I got closer, and you are not going to believe what I saw!"
"C'mon dude, don't give us a cliffhanger!" Ned exclaims, bouncing in his seat.

"Okay, so not only is there a weird man clad in dark armour who claims he's not from this earth but—."
"Wait, so... so you're telling me this could be, like, a multiverse thing?" MJ asks. "I didn't think that was real..."
"Yeah, Dr Strange thinks so," I nod. "But I'm not finished. There was a-a literal dragon with him! A DRAGON! can you believe it?!" I beam. MJ looks vaguely impressed, while Ned starts screaming.

"What?!" Ned screams, eyes wide. "That's—thats so cool! What does it look like?!"
"Oh it was so cool, very dark black scales! These—these green eyes that just glared at me. It's crazy!"
"Duuude!"

"Cause I thought it may be a time travel thing but Mr Stark was like 'there's no dragons in the past'," I mock Mr Stark's voice then continue on, "and so I thought well maybe they're from the future but then Hiccup, he's the guy by the way, said that he's never even heard of the Avengers! We didn't believe that, we thought he was here to like attack us or something cause he was all mysterious and threatening like "Why did you shoot us down!" which obviously we didn't. But then he said he's heard of Thor so we thought he knew Thor, but turns out he hasn't cause he thinks he'd be dead if he was meeting Thor, so boy does he have a surprise in store if he ever meets him!" I ramble. Ned gets more excited as I go on, and even MJ looks interested.