Chapter 8: Thoust shalt not attack mine suit (Peter)

Previously:

I glance over to see a bunch of vehicles pulling up. "Is that our back up?" I ask.
"Yeah, I had to call S.H.I.E.L.D in," Mr stark responds. The sirens on their mysterious black vehicles seem to push the now nervous crowd back a bit and they're able to drive in a few cars to act as a barricade. Several people spill out from the cars, some armed and some not. They start barking orders to set up a permitter and for the crowd not to come any closer. Seeing they have it handled, I head back to Mr Stark, finding him in the same spot next to the creature which is still glaring at him.

*Refer to previous chapter for Hiccup's events*

Now:

"So you're not here to terrorise the city?" Mr stark asks. "Summon an army?"

"Terrorise the— no! We were just doing our own thing when boom! Something hits us!" The man exclaims.

"Why does everyone think we're going to attack them?" I hear him turn and mutter to the dragon,"Used to be funny, but now it's just annoying."
Well I mean, when you're dressed like that...

"It's probably something to do with being wrapped in weird, dark armour!" I blurt without really thinking about it. I point at him and grin cheekily, though he can't see it. "You should fix that. It's not exactly a comforting sight."

The man stays silent for a second before responding.

"Says the guy wrapped skin tight in bright colours," Ouch he attacked my suit. "Those eyes... please don't tell me that's how you naturally look." What— why would he even think that?!

"Wha—it's a mask, dude!" I rush to explain, feeling a little defensive over my suit. I cross my arms, "Can you believe this guy, mr Stark?! The audacity."

Mr Stark doesn't respond to me, instead demanding "So we're just supposed to believe you? How to do we know you're telling the truth? Are you working for Hydra?"

The man's only response is, "how are we meant to believe you? You claim you didn't shoot us down, that you're not hunters, but how can we know? How else did we get here?"

"Are we gonna have a problem here?" Mr Stark snaps. "Because if you don't start being straight with me, then I think we are!" He threatens as he points a repulsor at the man. Warily, I point my web shooters at the man too.

In response, the dragon jumps forward with a loud shriek and its mouth starts glowing a purple-blue. "I wouldn't do that if I were you." The man snaps at us, walking forward and holding out a hands towards the dragon. "You don't wanna see what he can do." I eye the dragon warily. What CAN it do?

Mr Stark doesn't back down, so I don't either. "Look man, just tell us why you're really here!" I exclaim, hoping this mess to be dealt with and no one has to get hurt. "This doesn't have to go any further." My eye lenses narrow. "But it will."

"I told you! Why is it so hard for you to understand that I don't know how we got here or who you are! I couldn't care less, to be frank!" The man yells, gesturing wildly.

"Well if you would just tell the truth—"

Mr stark cuts me off, emphasising the blaster. "Do you wanna know what burnt flesh smells like?"

"Already know." The man shrugs. "Terrible smell. Do you want to see what happens when I let him attack?" He gestures to the dragon, who's piercing eyes haven't left us. I see it's claws flexing in the dirt as it prepares to attack. Mr Stark doesn't respond.

A few seconds pass. The man sighs. "Look. We don't want trouble. I'm betting you don't either. But if we all keep going the way we are, nothing good is going to come out of it."

I mean, obviously, we don't want a fight. The sooner this gets sorted out, the better. Especially since more curious people are going to want to show up. Not to mention the news crews. But what would you expect us to do? We haven't exactly had a good track record with strangers.

The man hold his free hand out towards us, almost reassuringly, before he seems to force his posture to relax as he distinguishes the sword with a click of a button—the blade retracting into the hilt. Whoa, that's cool. The man then reaches to clip it back to his leg. He doesn't completely relax, however, still keeping his distance from us and keeping a cautious stance. I look at Mr Stark, who hasn't missed this action.

"Mr Stark..." I whisper. He doesn't respond at first, but after a few seconds he lowers his arm. I follow suit, looking over to the man and dragon to see the dragon has also backed down.

I tense briefly when he reaches back to the sword, but am surprised to see him unclip it and toss it away. It's a small action, but it tells us a lot. He then holds his hands up to show us that he's not holding any other weapons.

"Okay. So can we talk this through? Civilly?"

Short chapter, I know. Sorry 😅 I hope you enjoyed it though.