Chapter 36: Zappy Zappy whAT THE FUCKY (Peter)

Am I proud of the title? Absolutely. Will I take constructive criticism? Nope.

Previously:

Peter hitched a ride with Toothless and Hiccup to pick up some more web fluid, got chatting with Loki on the battlefield, and started to get a little more optimistic because it seems that they're all finally starting to get the upper hand.

Refer to the last chapter for Hiccup's recollection of the recent events

Now:

I happened to be nearby, not far from Steve, when Thor summoned his lightning. I happened to be watching the sky when Toothless and Hiccup got hit, and happened to be watching when they launched forward to evaporate into thin air.

As you can imagine, we're all pretty horrified to see them... toast. Yes I'm making puns at a time like this. I let go of my web and land next to Steve. He looks as confused as me. Dr. Strange, Sam, Bucky and Natasha are also close by. "What just happened?!" I shout, horrified.

"Thor What did you do?!"  Dr Strange snaps.
"What the hell just happened?!" Sam exclaims.
"Tell me we all saw that!" Rhodey adds.

All I can do is stare up at the sky, wide eyed, as I try to come to terms with what I just saw. All of this fighting and they were gone... just like that.

"I don't know!" Thor exclaims, rattled— and rightly so. "I don't understand!" I look over at him, he really does look troubled. A metallic clunk sounds, and a group of robots rushes towards him. He turns and fires a lightning blast, probably without even thinking about it.

In that moment, a crackling sound comes from the sky, and I look up to see a few bolts of Lightning emerge out of nowhere, quickly taking shape to illuminate a figure. Toothless glides though the air about a hundred meters away from where they were before, suddenly visible, with Hiccup still sat in the saddle. They both look fine, with the exception of lightning running over them. I exhale, so confused but so happy they're alive.

Toothless directs his sight to a hoard of aliens and roars, moving into a dive bomb with the lightning still rushing over their bodies. He opens his mouth to fire a blast, and it hits the target along with a blast of lightning, leaving them quite literally a burning pile of ash— much like most of Thor's enemies have been.

"Wow, Thor, what do we even need you for?" Mr Stark jokes in coms.

Hiccup whoops loudly, cheering as they swing around and head towards us, the lightning completely gone from their bodies as far as I can tell.

"That was really cool!" I exclaim, watching them land next to us all with a thud. "It was amazing, Mr Hiccup. Oh my god!" Ned is going to have a field day when we talk about this!

"I told you he was the unholy offspring of lightning and death!" Hiccup laughs proudly and pulls his helmet visor up— and seems to notice that Thor is very much traumatised.

"Oh! Uh...Sorry for the scare, Thor, sir. He can channel lightning, as you can see." He adds sheepishly, rubbing his neck awkwardly. Looking closely, I notice the blue glow that Toothless has from head to tail has tiny lightning bolts running through it, which makes me think not all the lightning is gone.

"Ahh, it's fine," Thor exhales with a panicked smile, probably happy he didn't accidentally disintegrate them. (Thor right now: 😀🥲)

"You disappeared!" I exclaim, half excited and half shocked still. "How?!" It's not like Thor disappears when he uses lightning.