chapter 18

Grace Pov -

I was dreading next period. I didn't wanna see Aaron and Cora talking. What could he possibly see in her anyways. I took the long way route to class just so I could be the last one in. "Aaron has a really nice car btw , have you been inside" Cora said. What is she talking about. "Of course i've been inside" I said back smiling. I sense she was growing a jealousy look, as I was trying to walk away I made eye contact with Aaron. He winked at me, and I smiled back. How could I possibly be mad at him when he's that fine. Cora stopped me again, "Well i'll be in his car this after noon he's helping me take some stuff to my house from school" she said. This bitch gotta lying. "Sounds fun" I tried to say without being sarcastic.

"I'll let you know tomorrow how everything went my friend" she said leaving me with my thoughts. She's gotta be lying. there's no way in hell he's letting her in his car and taking her home. this gotta be a prank or some shit. my thoughts were interrupted when Ms.Jonas came in and told us we had a mini project to do and it was a partner project. "Ms.Jones can I volunteer and partner up with mr.new kid" she said while winking at him. I think i'm gonna be sick. "Actually I picked your partners" she said. This made me extremely happy but worried at the same time. Only because what if me and Aaron weren't partners.
She read off the list of names and thankfully Me and Aaron got partnered together

"Ok everyone, you have the following topics to research about." Ms.Jones said.
- 90s fashion
- 80s fashion
- 70s fashion
- 60s fashion
- 50s fashion
"Since the annual hornets high beginning of the year semester party is coming up I wanted to something fun" Ms.Jones said with a smile on her face. "So everyone move next to your partner and begin". "Good luck with the devil" Cora said. she tried giving him a hug but he backed up "Fuck off Cora" he said. Walking towards me I couldn't help bud scan his body. How was he so tall and muscular. The things he could do to me. "What are you looking at" he said grinning. I was still mad at him so I needed to ignore him. "Grace" he said. I met his eyes and I could tell something was wrong, like he was hiding something.

"Let's just get this project done" I said. "ok well what topic do you wanna do" he asked. "I could care less you pick or maybe you should ask Cora to help you, seems like you guys are helping eachother a lot lately" I said rolling my eyes. "Grace what are you talking about" he asked, I could tell he was staring at me. Why did I like the way he said my name so much. I can't get attached to him. Seeing how he's so cool with Cora. I just couldn't let myself fall for his trap.
"I wanna do the 70s" I said. "Do you wanna come over to Ava's or my house or should I come to yours. Never mind I think your busy this afternoon." I said. "I'll just do this project by myself and add your name, your pretty distracted *cough cough* I mean busy anyways.

*Ring Ring* * Ring Ring*
Ms.Jones has a bell to get our attention I whispered to him. "Grace we need to talk now" he said. "Class this is the only time you'll be able to work on this in class. so get busy and this is due friday" Ms.Jones said. "I'll be presenting my favorites on friday and I posted all the instructions on google classroom". "What's there to talk about Aaron, Cora told me plenty already" I said. He face looked confused. My phone dinged and I check my messages it was bella.
"Meet me in the bathroom on the 2nd floor" it said.
"otw" I respond. He tried to talk but I cut him off "Look Aaron it was nice knowing you and I enjoyed our time but forget everything and please don't try to help me again" I said and raised my hand and asked to use the restroom she said I could and I left in seconds.

Aaron Pov -

What just happened. "Cora would you come here please" I said. gross. "Of course Aaron, i'm sorry your partner left. I know how boring she could be" she said touching my arm. I moved within seconds. "What's wrong Aaron" she asked. "What did you say to Grace when she walked in" I asked. "Aaron is that really why you called me over here" "If you missed me just say that." she said. "Cora answer my question, What did you say to her". she froze. "You lied to her didn't you" I said raising my voice a little. "keep it down Aaron, people can't know the perfect couple is arguing." she said smiling in my face. "What the fuck Cora we're not a couple. Stop touching me and stop being weird." I said. "I didn't lie to her Aaron. I told her what it was. You're taking me home so you can help me with boxes for the party." she said. "I'm not taking you home" I said. "i'm only bringing shit to your house and that's it." "what is wrong with you" "oh please if you weren't so into grace you would see how much of an awful person she is." "I mean just look at her" she walks away and goes back to her partner.

I texted Grace. "We need to talk and I'm serious. I will find you after this class.".
then i texted Luke. "Uh Luke where are you" it took him a little minute to respond but he texted "flower shop, picking up some roses for ava." Roses would be a good idea on how to fix this. "get me some i'll cash app you, I messed up with grace" I texted. "Ngl bro me too" he texted back. How did we already mess this up and we just met them. "How much are they?" "Well i'm getting ava the big bouquet which is about 45 but they have a smaller for only 30" he texted. "Get me whatcu get and i'm boutta cash app you". "You got it boss" he responded. I sent Luke 50 and told him to let me know when he's back.

What am I gonna do about Cora, I can't have her keep telling Grace lies. She'll ruin Grace and I.