Chapter 1

Grace pov:

I woke up to my dad yelling to me about something I didn't even do. "this house is a mess because of you bitch " he said. I shot up immediately. "I'm not a bitch" I said. He slapped me across my face, i fell down, then he kicked my side. "Don't talk back to me ever again!". I looked at him disgusted as he was walking out. I couldn't worry about this I had school to get to . I jumped in the shower using bath and body works products. Me and my mom always went shopping on the weekends, we would always go to bath and body words and grab one thing each. I got out and put on a white lace underwear and bra from Victoria Secret and a white shirt with black rip jeans with some forces and put my long hair in a high pony tail. I grabbed a nike jacket and my black backpack and headed out, Before i was stopped at the door by my dad with a beer in his hand trying to close the door as I tried to open it. "where are you going.". "School" i rolled my eyes. He grabbed my face . "When your 18 you're gonna have the time of your life with me.". No way this man has the balls to say this to me. I hated my father but he's the only one I have left. I believed he had good in him still. He let me go and I rushed out the house. "You better come straight home." he yelled. i rolled my eyes once more.

Ava my all time bestie was waiting for me outside we basically grew up together. She has always lived a few blocks from me. As are parents were really close before my mom passed when i was a kid, i was about 14 that day was horrible. I lost my heart, my other half, my one and only. After the funeral my dad started to really drink, started really hurting me emotionally and physically and after that I only started to hang out with Ava occasionally because I was afraid she would tell people about my bruises. I hated my dad but I didn't want him to go away, but we went to the same school since we were kids. Ava and Bella are the only ones who knew about my dad, because Ava heard my dad yelling everytime we walked home for school, and Bella saw me bleeding one day coming to school. I made them swear on our friendship they would never tell a soul. Ava was a beautiful lightskin, Light brown hair with hazel eyes, she could dress and had shoe game she basically was a tomboy so I basically had a girl/boy bestie she was like a sister to me. "Did he hurt you again" Ava asked. I lifted up my jacket and shirt to show my marks. " it didn't hurt " I said. "Your eyes are puffy"Ava said "i'll be fine " i said . Ava looked worried, I never really wanted people to find out. I don't know what would happen to me if others did. We walked to school as it was only 6 minutes away.