chapter 21

Aaron POV :

"How did we mess up so soon Luke," I asked. "I don't know man" he responded. "Wait so what did you do," I asked. "I didn't tell her I was helping Cora, I didn't even have an option to choose to help or not," he said. "Why do they beef so so hard" I responded"No clue but whatever it is, it goes deep," he said. "You think she would forgive me," he asked. He actually looked kinda worried, what did Ava do to my boy."I think so, where did you find this place anyway," I asked. "Just looked it up, this is supposed to be the best flower shop in town," he said. "Shit if it doesn't work you gotta get your money back," I said

We laughed and he stopped randomly, I turned my head and there they were. Luke waved them over, "why is she turning away," He asked. "Hold on Grace got it" As they were walking towards us,I guided grace to my car and Ava went to Lukes. I look at Luke and he completely folds. I shake my head and laugh it off. He looks like a lost puppy finding his owner again.

Grace keeps picking at her fingers. I grab her hands "Why do you do that grace" I asked. she ignores me until I grab her face and force her to look at me "Aaron
I" she pauses and it looks like she's about to crumble. "I only do when I get nervous," she says. I grin, "so I make you nervous huh". She smiles and pushes me away,"No" she teases "I'm next to a stranger's car and he randomly grabbed my face," she says, "You think I'm a stranger," I asked.

"Aaron I don't even know your favorite color," she says.

"it's blue," I said cutting her off. she giggled and I open the passenger door to show off the roses I bought her. she gasps and moves towards them "Aaron you didn't" she tries to say."I'm sorry about Cora, I promise you nothing is going on there. I wanted to help set up the party so I could understand my surroundings and It was a plus yall were going""I do not understand why she keeps saying we're in a relationship and trying to do relationship things, If it bothers you I won't help her or take her to her house today," I said grabbing her hands"Aaron," she said while grabbing my face. Why do I feel so safe with her? "Aaron, you did not have to get me flowers. An explanation is all I needed" she said."Grace do you not like them," I asked. Already know the answer but I just wanna make sure. "I love them, I've never gotten flowers before," she said while smiling"especially fancy flowers like these, they look like they can last forever". The excitement in her eyes makes me wanna spoil her more. "You can take her home, I just wanna know these things," she said."I will tell you everything from now on," I said. she held out her pinky. "I take these very seriously Aaron break this and I will break you." she said, I couldn't tell if she was joking or notBut I was gonna take her seriously anyway. "I promise Grace" I latched my pinky onto hers and she connected the thumbs. "Aaron I'm going home today". I start laughing"I'm serious Aaron," she says. I stop and my face immediately grows angry. "Grace" she cuts me off before I can finish. "I won't be by myself," she says. A puzzled look grew on my face and sheanswered my question, "The girls are coming over, and " I stop her right there. "Grace, I promised I wouldn't hurt your dad but I can not control Luke and Matthew. If Luke even finds out he layed a finger onAva, he will kill him and Matthew will do anything in his power to protect the people he cares about even if that means killing them. I do not want you to go back there" I say. "boss" she looks at me like she pleading for freedomI hold on to her."

You will call me if something happens" I demand her. "Look at me Aaron, he's a hurt man. My mom was his best friend, Partner in crome. The only woman that knew his sweet spot. He would die for her. I know he hurts me

but he's all I have. I can help myself too honey." She's my weakness already. "Yes I will call you if something happens," she says. She wrapped her arms around me and squizzed me tight."Thank you for the roses, I'll remember this moment forever." I wanted to kiss her. I didn't know if she wanted it too but I wanted it bad. I traveled my eyes upward and we made eye contact, she bit her lip and then kissed my cheek.

I looked at her and did not wanna let her go. "Go to class Aaron," she says. "Yes, ma'am". I turn around to see Luke and Ava get out of the car she fixes his shirt and grabs grace and they walk back into the school building. "What is she doing to me," Luke says.

"I look so soft" I responded. "She knows my weakness," Luke says "What do you mean," I asked. "She knows how to get to me and how to calm me down." Luke hasn't had something like that in forever. I mean he did one-night stands but nothing more."Do we go back to class"? Luke asked. "Sadly" I responded. Luke before we go I have to tell you something. "Grace is having a sleepover at her house.". I said. He was about to say something but I cut him off. "I have a plan." he looks excited."You can't hurt him Luke, For some odd reason, she does not wanna lose this man. So for me DO NOT kill him, I have it handled." I say. He shook his head and started to head towards the door "You coming boss" he says."in one sec," I say. I pull out my phone to make a phone call. "Hey Dad, I need a favor".