Chapter 10

Grace Pov -

Waking up at 7 am, My phone ringing because of my alarm. I snuck out my room to take a relaxing shower, The warm water felt so good on my skin. I got out the shower and went to brush my teeth I heard banging around my house, it was probably my dad looking for another beer. I headed back to my room and picked out a pink lace set, with a black shirt and some shorts as it was gonna be hot today, I grabbed a white jacket and my black backpack. As I was walking out my room, my dad about to leave the house, "I'll be back im going to buy more beer", he said looking like he hasn't even showered in 2 days. Just as he tried to open the door he slammed it shut and looked at me, "Go in your room and hide NOW" he said, I just looked and him and then he yelled "NOW".

I texted ava and said "do not come to my house", I looked outside and there were 2 black cars, 3 men coming out of each car. I duck my head down fast after thinking I made eye contact with one of the men. My phone dinged , it was ava. "What the fuck is going outside of your house". "I don't know but do not come and do not bring the girls".I don't know who these men are, and what they want. I hear my dad running around the house, moving stuff around as if he was looking for something. Then outta of no where I hear them yell my dad's name. "Christan, you better have what I need." Then my dad came in my room with a ar in his hands. "Dad what are you doing." I said. "You gotta get out of here", He said. "Call ava or something." he said "Im not bringing Ava into this." I said. "You will if I force you.", He said. "Really dad, you got guys coming after you and you're gonna force me to bring ava into this mess." I looked at him as if I was talking to a brick wall. As I was crawling trying to get out the room to go out the back door, he grabbed me and punched me in the gut for not listening.

"GET OFF ME" I yelled. He covered my mouth at the fact that I screamed. As I pushed him off and tried to run for the back door, he grabbed me again and threw me on the floor. "Since you didn't wanna listen, you stay here." my dad said. "Dad who are you?" I asked. He was looking out the window staring at the men, hes shot up when I asked that question. he didn't respond. He got in my face and gave me eyes like he wanted to hurt me. "Who are you dad" I said not standing down. Then he slapped me across my face, showing no fear I asked again, "Who are you" This time he pushed me across the room, then ducking down so the men didn't see him. "The more you don't tell me, the more I will ask", I stated. "I'm in a gang called the black hood." He said. (Yes, I know how unoriginal),"Im not the leader but im close to it." "What the hell dad, you have people wanting to kill us the whole time and you knew about", I said, I was mad about this what if the car accident was no accident, and they did it on purpose just to hurt my dad. "Its none of your business anyways" He said, "It kinda is, Christen", I said, Then he cut me off. "Don't called me Christen", he said, while slapping me in the face.

"And your mother's killing was no accident." When those words came out his mouth, I shot for the back door, and he grabbed me I was crying the whole time, I kicked him in his face and ran for my phone, this time actually going for the back door. When I ran out the back door there was another black car but it was a benz, but then Ava jumped out and ran and gave me a hug. "Hurry get in the car it's just Luke and Aaron." she said. "Ava I said don't bring anyone", I said trying to catch my breathe. "Luke insisted, We were on ft when u texted me", she said. I spit some blood out from when my dad slapped me. "Sweets your bleeding lets go my house and get you cleaned up." Ava said. "Thank you, Ava", I said while smiling and giving her a hug "Now hurry before you dad see's". I ran to the car and Aaron got out and gave me his jacket as I used mine to clean with. "I'll sit in the back and you can have shotgun" Ava said while winking. But just then we heard "Christen Come out now" the guys in the front said. "Run" I looked at Ava and said " Yo what happened to" Luke said. "Nothing I'm fine" I said. "Its ok, I trust them" Ava said. Ava was always right when it came to trusting people. She always saved me when it comes to these situations. We were still parked in my back yard, then everyone loaded in, as we were leaving I said "My dad had been abusing me since my mother passed away" I was looking out the window but I could tell I had everyone's attention. Aaron's eyes went off the road for a little and he looked at me

"But my father just told me hes in a gang and my mother's death was no accident" Ava was crying I could hear it, I turned to see Luke holding her. Aaron grabbed my hand and flinched before holding it . My mom was like a second mother to hers because our mothers were best friends. They did cheerleading together, Ava and I did cheerleading when we were little then we stopped to focus on school. "I can't let you go back to that house" Aaron said "Not with your father there and not with those guys there" "Aaron ill be fine" I said. "He's right, You can stay at my house it'll be a sleepover like we used to have " Ava said. "What about my stuff." I asked. "I'll go get it, me and Luke." Aaron said. "No way, you can't go in there." I said. "We'll be fine we know how to handle our selves. Luke said. "please let them go" Ava said while begging. "Fine but be careful he has a gun" I said looking worried. "Stop stressing we'll be fine." Aaron said. Then the group chat ring tone went off for me and ava. Your Favorite whores <3, "Its from Bella" Ava said. "Where r u guys" I said. "We got caught up in something, We will be there on Monday." I said.

"Ava text Bella what happened but not everything." I said. "Of course". I looked at Aaron, I could see he had a murderous look in his eyes. "Aaron, im ok, please don't hurt my dad" I said. "I won't and I will do anything in my power to protect you." he said. Woah."Ava what's your address, so I can drop y'all off." Aaron said. Ava gave him the address because we were in the middle of no where we were just driving around. We were about 15 minutes away. I sept the whole car ride and when we arrived Ava woke me up and Aaron helped me out the car. "Be careful", Ava said to Luke and as she kissed him on his lips, Damn my bestie did that. Me and Aaron looked at each other and laughed a little. "I'll be back before you know it" he told her. Guess it's my turn, I looked at Aaron, "You know what im about to say", I said while laughing, "I think I do but you should say it anyways." he said while smiling, He had one dimple, how the hell was he so damn fine. "Be careful" I said, and kissed him on the cheek, "Im watching you" Ava said while pulling into the house. "bye" We said as we watched the boys load into the car and drive off. "I have so much to tell you" I said "Me too" Ava said.